Camping trip to Lake Guntersville...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
Well...I got back on Saturday. It actually rained EVERY DAY! One day, Tuesday, was completely rained out but I had some time each day to do a little fishing. Certainly not as much as I would have liked! :cry:

For the most part all we caught were bream/bluegill. My brother and I just used a flyrod and a popper. On light tackle, bluegill are a LOT of fun to catch. They can really pull! Good eating as well! This trip we cleaned one batch and released all the others. Here are a couple of pics of representative bluegill:

2005miscpics%20035.jpg

2005miscpics%20033.jpg

PRETTY fish aren't they! My brother caught the largest fish, a 4lb(per de-liar) largemouth bass.

2005miscpics%20017.jpg

The camping part was the fun part for me. I just love to go camping and have done it literally my whole life. We stayed at Lake Guntersville State Park. My family have been camping here for forty plus years! Lake Guntersville, an impoundment on the Tennessee River, is the largest lake in the state with 950 miles of shoreline. Here are some pics of the lake from the boat!

2005miscpics%20036.jpg

2005miscpics%20037.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of the campground:

2005miscpics%20023.jpg

2005miscpics%20011.jpg

OVERALL we had a great time! Getting away from work and together with family was the main thing ANYWAY!

2005miscpics%20009.jpg

Nice

Looks like a very neat place Chuck. Nothing like a trip outdoors with the family. Yes, Bream on a fly rod is a ton of fun. Is the camper area well equipped?

Mike

Is the camper area well equipped?

Oh yeah. You could come camping in anything and they do! From $25.00 army surplus tents to $300,000 motorhomes and everything in between! They have water, electricity, sewer, bath houses, boat launching, tennis/basketball courts, swimming area/beach, etc. Sites are pretty level, we needed a little leveling help. Not as many aminities as some, but this is a real campground, not a resort.

:D Great report there Chucks and enjoyed the nice pics! Man, those bluegills sure have a nice coloration.

I have a Coachmen RV that my family also camps with. Been RVing since 1985. To me it beats stayin at a hilton etc. by a long shot!

I have a Coachmen RV that my family also camps with. Been RVing since 1985. To me it beats stayin at a hilton etc. by a long shot!

You got that right! I love camping!

Thanks for the nice comments guys!

Chuck,

Good report! Looks like you had a great time! I really like that last pic! It is great!

Latest posts

Back