Caps coming back?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caps will sell for what the market will bear. It's called supply and demand. The higher the demand the higher the price.

I've been getting them at academy for the past 6 months in San Antonio for 11 bucks and change a hundred.
limit 4 at a time, have a nice little stash now.

Check the Wal Marts. The local Wal Marts often have #11 caps on display. Early this morning two local Wal Marts had #11 caps for $5.62.

I have seen the percussion caps showing up sporadically. The stores may have them behind their counters too. So you can ask the salesclerk about it too.

With Bass Pro or Cabelas I found them in stock online but not in the store. Have them shipped to the store for pickup and you get free shipping and no hazmat fees either.

With Bass Pro or Cabelas I found them in stock online but not in the store. Have them shipped to the store for pickup and you get free shipping and no hazmat fees either.
Yes I have done that too both with Remington 10 and 11 caps. Last month I went there to kill time while the wife was at the beauty parlor and they had Remington 11 caps so I grabbed a bunch of tins.

I was having lunch at an old general store and they had a small collection of hunting supplies. To my disbelief they had 2 packages of CCI #11's so I picked one of them up. Price was 8.99 and thought it was a decent price... seeing that I didn't have to pay shipping.

I have only one rifle that uses #11 caps and one (US M1841 in .54) that uses musket caps. But I mostly shoot flintlocks and that frees me from searching the hills for #11 caps. I guess it was several years ago I bought a brick of CCI #11 caps; can't remember the price but it was, oh, maybe around $4 a hundred (roughly). About the same time I picked up a few tins of musket caps. I already had a couple hundred musket caps and about the same number of #11 caps. I even had a tin of #10 caps as well. Now those I got back in the 1960s and never used them all. So I do have a small stash of caps and BP. Also a small stash of flints. I don't shoot that much any longer so I'm set for a good, long time.

Latest posts

Back