Cataract surgery

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After reading a post is this forum about cataracts, I finally got everything lined up for my cataract surgery. I saw a new Dr yesterday and he asked me why I waited so long. 😒 Previous Dr said they weren't ripe enough.

My left eye is nothing but a blur at the moment, & right eye ( shooting eye) wasn't getting any better. Needless to say my predator hunting lately has been quite challenging.

Hopefully by the end of March I will have a brighter outlook 😂.

my parents had the same issue, idiot eye dr kept putting it off telling them they arent ready for surgery,after seeing a new eye dr, he said they should have come out years ago and because of waiting they had to go for the laser surgery and of course insurance wouldnt cover that, only the older way of surgery, but the plus side is with laser surgery you heal much faster...

Good luck on the eye surgery Wiley. Gotta do everything one can to save eye sight!

I've had both eyes done. It takes about 45 - 1 hr to get ready. 15 minutes from start to finish. It is Amazing and does not hurt a bit. (unless the iv hurts when being but in.).

I had cataract surgery done about three years ago. They do one eye at a time. It was the best thing I have ever done too. It worked great for me.

I was reloading the other day and misread a #6 for an #8. I didn't have any issues and only had to pull 5 bullets. I put the gear away after that. As an avid reader, I have been reading with one eye closed.

Kinda disgusted it went on this long. I was a welder by trade for years. It's funny because my crew all seem to be going in for the same thing around the same time. I have heard welding has nothing to do with cataracts 🤨

After reading a post is this forum about cataracts, I finally got everything lined up for my cataract surgery. I saw a new Dr yesterday and he asked me why I waited so long. 😒 Previous Dr said they weren't ripe enough.

My left eye is nothing but a blur at the moment, & right eye ( shooting eye) wasn't getting any better. Needless to say my predator hunting lately has been quite challenging.

I simply love my new eyes and see more clearly than I have in years. The two separate surgeries could hardly be called a surgery as I was in and out same day and could see right after. I chose the basic single distance option as I want clear distance vision and would manage the near vision as I have all my life being near-sighted. I wear inexpensive glasses that have no correction in the upper part of the lens and 2.5 diopters in the lower.
Workds great for me!

I was reloading the other day and misread a #6 for an #8. I didn't have any issues and only had to pull 5 bullets. I put the gear away after that. As an avid reader, I have been reading with one eye closed.

Kinda disgusted it went on this long. I was a welder by trade for years. It's funny because my crew all seem to be going in for the same thing around the same time. I have heard welding has nothing to do with cataracts 🤨
After a few bouts with weldflash, I'm surprised. On occasion, I can still feel the sand..

GET GLASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cataract surgery should only be cone by compentent doctors are not in for the bucks!
I KNOW!!!!

GET

I had cataract surgery about three years ago. It went fine. But prior to it I was able to read without glasses, and it force me to wear reading glasses. Also my distance vision required me to wear glasses, the result of the surgery I pass the DMV vision test and do not need to wear glasses. Okay, here’s my bad news for the past five months my right vision was getting out of focus and in the past two weeks so is my left. I am currently unable to read the license plate when driving. So I gave up driving. When tested the doctor said there is a scar on my eyes from surgery and it could be removed by laser in an in office visit. I should be back to normal. Quick and fast. I have my appointment next week. Wish me luck guys! I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks, I am keeping my fingers crossed. The doctor said it should take minutes to perform and you wait for a while. I have another appointment two days after and they will test my eyes to see if I need a new prescription glasses.

I simply love my new eyes and see more clearly than I have in years. The two separate surgeries could hardly be called a surgery as I was in and out same day and could see right after. I chose the basic single distance option as I want clear distance vision and would manage the near vision as I have all my life being near-sighted. I wear inexpensive glasses that have no correction in the upper part of the lens and 2.5 diopters in the lower.
Workds great for me!
Thank you for the encouraging words. If this will give me clear distance vision I would be happy. My next appointment is the 19th where I get measured and we discuss what lenses he will use.
GET GLASSES!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cataract surgery should only be cone by compentent doctors are not in for the bucks!
I KNOW!!!!

GET
I have been wearing glasses for 40 plus years. Cataracts are like looking out of a very dirty window you can't clean. The doctor doing this is not with some 9-5 storefront that moves in a year. I am confident this is the best choice. I am sorry you may have not had a good experience.

Thanks, I am keeping my fingers crossed. The doctor said it should take minutes to perform and you wait for a while. I have another appointment two days after and they will test my eyes to see if I need a new prescription glasses.
I hope your eye procedure went well and you are back to normal. Surgery is tomorrow for me. Doing the eye drops before and after.

Got both my eyes done this past month. After wearing glasses since 1983, it's the first time in over 40 plus years I have binocular vision. The brightness and vivid colors are amazing. Can almost read the fine print without glasses. I figured I would need cheaters. Vision is improving every day. Pulled my pistol up the other day and the sight picture was great. Can't wait to start plinking again. To anyone on the fence about getting cataract surgery, Do It!! Doc said to give myself a rest from the recoil for a couple of weeks. Let everything heal first.

I am very glad you posted this! I had an eye exam and have been referred to the opthomoligist for pre-surgery screening on May 13th. I knew I had cataracts but my left eye had a sudden onset of blurry vision. I hope you heal quickly and your eyes end up with the best vision possible. If you are willing can you please share the type of surgery and lenses you selected.

Thank you.

John

Back