Changing things up... Red to Green

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Changing things up...

Thanks for the thought, Ed. I'll try your method tonight!

Well, the installation went flawless. Only took 5 min. I touched the end of the old, red rod with a soldering tip and slid it out instead of cutting it in half (waste not). The new rod makes a HUGE difference. Whodathunk that green was so much better than red? Can't wait to try it this weekend, almost missed a shot opportunity back in October because the red sight was so hard to see at dusk. Thanks to all for the tips.

The difference in wave length makes green a much better choice in dim light.

dbowling said:
??????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:D

edmehlig said:
Jackey, have you **** it yet? How did it work out for you?

Ha! That’s funny!! I have been REALLY close to that Same Mistake, i have to be careful when i type on this ipad, it starts guessing words for ya, Shot and the One edmehlig used can get messed up! At least it happened to Ed and not me! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :shock: :lol:

Not yet Ed but I’m hoping to put it to the test this evening (in the woods, not the bathroom) Sorry, I couldn’t resist! :poke:

Best laugh I’ve had in weeks! Thanks Ed!

edmehlig said:
Damn word auto correct on this iPhone. :D

These phones learn from the words we use and then predict what you want to say, SOOO This means you use that word Frequently Ed! :poke: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Idaholewis said:
edmehlig said:
Damn word auto correct on this iPhone. :D

These phones learn from the words we use and then predict what you want to say, SOOO This means you use that word Frequently Ed! :poke: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is true Lew, but I always controlled myself at least on this forum or so I thought? :lol:

edmehlig said:
Jackey, well did you get to S,,t, I mean shoot it tonight? :lol:

Well Ed, I sat patiently, :wink: hoping for the chance at a S **t but it just didn’t materialize. :wall:

All joking aside, the green fiber optic is so much brighter than the red one that even in the waning minutes of legal shooting light, the green one looked like it was battery powered compared to the red.

I've always found that chartreuse green is the best low light color. I always make sure the flights and nocks on my hunting arrows are that color, and it really works well as my bobber extension color when fishing for steelhead in the late evening.
I have several different colors of bobber extensions and figured out years ago that I could get away with a couple more drifts in the evening if I had the chartreuse color on.

Latest posts

Back