Cheap Shot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron S

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these in their Savage? I tried some with 5744 (40 grs). They weigh 240grs,and are a all lead hollow point. Hit a coyote this morning at 125-140yds. and it almost cut him in half! Used the T/C sabots that came with them. I also resized them(or checked them) by running them thru a .452 sizing die. They weren't off much though,but I like to try and keep things consistant. Would this be any good for deer hunting? I wish I could have recovered the slug,to check the expansion,but it must have done very well. The exit hole was around 3 inches! Ron

My cousin shot a deer with one. The deer was quartering toward him. The shot hit the shoulder, flattened out, slide along the ribs just under the skin and entered the gut. Deer was recovered the next day. :( You be thr judge....

Sounds like it would only be good for plinking or varmit hunting! I couldn't get over how well it shot! Don't have any idea of the speed though. Ron

Latest posts

Back