Check this out! .50 Cal Stainless GM LRH

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The barrel sat there for several days with a $400 buy it now but when somebody bid the starting price of $275 the buy it now disappeared.

The barrel sat there for several days with a $400 buy it now but when somebody bid the starting price of $275 the buy it now disappeared.

I remember seeing it several times in the last week, I Watch that stuff Daily, but since this Barrel was Stainless and i am not a Big fan of the Stainless GM LRH Barrels I didn’t pay that much attention to it. How much does Ebay charge on Final Sale? I know you sell on it, I am curious the fee this Seller would of had to pay for 1325.00 Bucks final sale value? If it was bogus or not? The seller would stil have to Pay Ebay’s Fee right? Ebay doesn’t know if it’s Bogus or not? all they know is a Barrel sold for 1325.00

I see the TC Seneca’s And Cherokee’s go for INSANE money, But that is “my” figure of INSANE money. Heck I’ve seen the little TC .32 Cal Maxi bullet mold sell for nearly 300 bucks! Just an Aluminum Bullet mold, a person could have the Nicest Custom Bullet mold Manufacturer build you 1 cheaper, and you would have a WAY WAY nicer Mold, BUT, and here is the Key, it would Not be an Original TC Mold

I’ve got Cherokees in .32, .36 and .45, and I’ve got Senecas in .36 and .45. I understand there were some .32 Senecas, maybe from the custom shop? In any case, if a .32 Seneca barrel showed upon EBay I’d probably overpay for it. :D

EBay takes 10% if PayPal is involved they take a little over 3%. If the person who won decided not pay you can file a claim and after a period of time the transaction would be cancelled and you wouldn't pay any fees.

I really doubt it's a bogus sale. Someone really wanted one but probably didn't think it would go that high. That's the danger of just throwing a high bid out there, someone else can also throw a high bid and your stuck paying the bill.

EBay takes 10% if PayPal is involved they take a little over 3%. If the person who won decided not pay you can file a claim and after a period of time the transaction would be cancelled and you wouldn't pay any fees.

I really doubt it's a bogus sale. Someone really wanted one but probably didn't think it would go that high. That's the danger of just throwing a high bid out there, someone else can also throw a high bid and your stuck paying the bill.

Thanks Sax! I agree, i doubt it’s a bogus sale either, the seller would be stuck paying 132.50 Ebay fees, not counting possible PayPal fees. If it was 5 or even 600 it would be a little more plausible, But not 1,325.00, Somebody bought that Barrel for that Price

Like you said before Lewis , these LRH barrels are drying up. Track of the Wolf is offering some round ball barrels for our TC muzzleloaders, they may have had to agree to a certain number of them for GM to supply them. I guess there is always a chance the GM might do a special run of these fast twist barrels but I don't believe we will see them as readily available as they once were. Bottom line is there are only a handful of us interested in them and GM knew it was time to focus their efforts elsewhere.

I'm surprised that CVA dosen't make an IBS Bergara barrel for T/C Renegade/Hawken. They make Encore barrels. I guess the market is just too small to justify it.

I think I'll move mine out of the corner of the room it is in and put it in my gun safe and lock the door :D
Lol

Like you said before Lewis , these LRH barrels are drying up. Track of the Wolf is offering some round ball barrels for our TC muzzleloaders, they may have had to agree to a certain number of them for GM to supply them. I guess there is always a chance the GM might do a special run of these fast twist barrels but I don't believe we will see them as readily available as they once were. Bottom line is there are only a handful of us interested in them and GM knew it was time to focus their efforts elsewhere.

Exactly!! Back when i first got in to this stuff i could find a GM LRH Barrel just about any Day i looked, Somebody had 1 for sale somewhere, be it Ebay, Gunbroker, The other Various Gun auction sites, and these Forums. But In the last Year i have REALLY noticed them Dry up, I might see 1 a Month now? Maybe that?

I have Talked to Green Mountain 2 different times WAY back about making their LRH line of Barrels again, 1 time by email, and the other By phone. The guy i spoke with told me it would take a Certain Number of them in order to make them again, I cannot Remember now what that number was? I will dig through my Email and See if i can find it? I think i posted that info here? Anyway, I remember the Number was Fairly high, Like 150, maybe 250 Barrels? And at the time I could stil find them Here and there.

I think I'll move mine out of the corner of the room it is in and put it in my gun safe and lock the door :D
Lol

I wish i had another Stainless 1 to sell :p That Barrel you got from me shoots REALLY well!! As long as you shoot a Harder Bullet of at least 8 BHN, and all the way up to Lyman No. 2, which is 15 BHN! But CRAZY as it sounds, It will shoot a Pie Plate Group at Best with Pure Soft Lead. That Barrel drove me BONKERS trying to understand it

The reason it shot the Bullshop Conicals so well is Dan uses the Solder Joints of the Plumbers lead he gets for his Bullet Making. And for the Excuse Bullets, I don’t know anything about them First hand? But From Ron’s Bullet Testing my money is on them NOT being Pure lead

I wouldn't care if it was the last one on earth for that kind of money you could go to any custom barrel maker and have the best barrel there is made for way less money and it would shoot just as good as the GM or better so there is no logic in it unless for some insane reason you just have to have that certain barrel.
On top of that you could buy a very nice custom walnut stock to go with your nice custom barrel.

Why would you want to shoot pure soft lead? The Bull Shop sure seems soft - I mean really soft - but it really hold together well even passing through a shoulder bone. I got some really good mushroom examples and very little weight loss while I was using them. If they a harder then true lead. Another reason for the slightly harder lead bullet would be deformity, they or the Bull Shops do not deform easily as they pass through an elk. I really think I would take them all day versus soft lead.

Last edited:
Why would you want to shoot pure soft lead? The Bull Shop sure seems soft - I mean really soft - but it really hold together well even passing through a shoulder bone. I got some really good mushroom examples and very little weight loss while I was using them. If they a harder then true lead. Another reason for the slightly harder lead bullet would be deformity, they or the Bull Shops do not deform easily as they pass through an elk. I really think I would take them all day versus soft lead.

Mike, I rarely shoot Pure lead anymore, in fact the only pure lead bullets i shoot now days is the Buffalo Arms PP bullets, they are a Pure Lead Swaged Bullet, i wish they were Harder, But fact is they are not due to the Swaging VS Cast. The only reason i stopped using Pure lead in my Casting Bullets is that a Conical of Pure Lead will not hold the Bore worth a Darn, About Halfway down the Bore the Soft lead bullet starts to “Give up” and by the time they get to the powder they can actually be loose to the point that i would NOT trust them to stay put. I came up with 1-40 Alloy WAY back when i was working to Combat that issue, the Slightly hardened lead (40-1) Holds the Bore ROCK SOLID from start to finish.

Since I enjoy a lot of Bench/Target shooting, and using the BACO PP Bullets i was really disappointed that my Old Stainless GM LRH Barrel would not shoot them worth a Darn.

Here is the best i could expect my Old Stainless GM LRH barrel to do with Pure lead (Buffalo Arms PP bullets) and this was a whopping 50 yards!
Here is the Bullets, Pure Lead Buffalo Arms Swaged Cupped Base PP
etlFv4Al.jpg

Here is the 50 Yard Target Shot with the Above Bullets from my .50 Stainless GM LRH, NOT WORTH A DARN!! This was Typical of what to Expect from the Stainless Barrel and a Soft lead bullet
iZ4DHr8l.jpg

Here is my New Blued GM LRH .50 Cal
aLOXdzWl.jpg

And here is my Target that i shot with the Blued .50 LRH Barrel, using the EXACT same Soft Lead Buffalo Arms Cupped base PP Bullets as i shot in the Stainless Barrel. Substantially different results huh?
NIebBgNl.jpg

Here is another example

These are Bullshop Bullets from Dan, Shot from my Stainless Barrel, They shot so well i had a Mold Duplicated!

Yi2KLXZl.jpg

Now here is my Group from the bullets out of the Mold i had Duplicated, to say i was a little Sick would be an understatement!! At this time i had a BUNCH of Pure Plumbers lead, I was pouring all of my Bullets of this Pure Lead at this Time. As you can CLEARLY see the Old Stainless Barrel had ZERO like for Pure lead! BUT I didn’t understand what in the World was going on??? I contacted Idahoron and explained all of this to him
3dMnab2l.jpg

Ron told me to try a little Harder Lead, I thought to myself NO WAY could it make that much difference?? It sure as Hell did!!! Now here is my Bullshop bullet with slightly harder lead
OZ9oNKRl.jpg

Back