Cheifs Cleaner

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkey

Reaction score
Not sure if the cheif cleaner will work...its in the mail and will try it out and post my experience. Talked with inventor on phone for 30minutes top notch guy who has an answer to truly cleaning a gun's groves in my opinion. Check out his website...

Anyone have anything to say about this product?

I like Windex and a t-shirt patch on a regular cleaning jag. It doesn't leave any residue in the rifling grooves either.

The Chief's Pro Clean,is a great cleaning tool.It can remove stuff that a cloth patch can simply not get to.Some peps think that it will scratch the bore.But it will not, because the metal in it is alot softer than any rifle barrel.On a new gun are nearly new are very well kept there will be very little crud to scrap off beside the edges of the lands and grooves of the rifleing,But if this very little crud is left there, it will infact dull the edges by causeing roll over.A cloth patch,i don't care how good one applys it are there solution they use ,it simply can not get down in the micro cracks as good as the Chief's Pro Clean can.
turkey said:
Not sure if the cheif cleaner will work...its in the mail and will try it out and post my experience. Talked with inventor on phone for 30minutes top notch guy who has an answer to truly cleaning a gun's groves in my opinion. Check out his website...

Anyone have anything to say about this product?

As part of my cleaning regimen, I always make several passes with the Cheif's Pro-Clean after doing my best with hot, soapy water and cloth patches on a rotating jag in the bore...

I have never seen any missed Pyrodex or 777 residue on the Pro-Clean (yet).

I can only assume that I am doing a good job of thoroughly cleaning the bore before running the Pro-Clean down the barrel. :wink:

Latest posts

Back