Cleaning a Knight bolt action muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the past when cleaning my Knight muzzleloader I take the barrel and bolt from the stock.But I have heard that it can change the way the gun shoots.I have found that I can clean the gun without taking it down like that.So I tried it with everything together but the bolt and breech plug and found that I can clean it without all that extra work.It is a mountaineer 45 cal.I hate to think of the times I took it out of the stock after shooting it and possibly not shoot where it should have.

In the past when cleaning my Knight muzzleloader I take the barrel and bolt from the stock.But I have heard that it can change the way the gun shoots.I have found that I can clean the gun without taking it down like that.So I tried it with everything together but the bolt and breech plug and found that I can clean it without all that extra work.It is a mountaineer 45 cal.I hate to think of the times I took it out of the stock after shooting it and possibly not shoot where it should have.
If you take your action out and reinstall and it shoot different something is wrong imo besides I take mine out every time and also take the trigger out and oil lightly. You probably need to bed your rifle or make sure your torque is the same every time.

If I have to remove the stock I always torque the screw the same each time so my point of aim will not change. When I leave the stock on the rifle I use a Possum Hollow bore guide for my Knight ML.

I take my Whitelightings apart always to clean. Have screws marked an my guns stay in zero.

Latest posts

Back