Cleaning TC Pro Hunter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracksphotos

Reaction score
Just purchased a new TC Pro Hunter.

I was wondering do you need to break the gun down after each trip to the range?

Also can anyone explaine the way they clean there Pro Hunter?

I would think in the manual that came with the rifle are detailed instructions on how to clean the rifle.

Yes you do have to remove the breech plug, clean that of course, and clean the barrel free of any fowling. Then make sure to oil the rifle up with a good gun oil. As for the rest of the process, I do not own one so I will not comment on breaking it down...

Good luck. Read your manual. There is a weatlth of information in there as well...

You should remove the barrel after the season to give the inside of the reciever a good cleaning as fouling residue does get into the crevices and will cause corrosion.

I use Q-tips to clean the breech face and under the lug area after range shooting and after returning from a hunt.

Choc-dog

Don't forget the firing pin housing. The housing comes out (screw on top of firing pin where hammer hits it) and that area needs to be cleaned out especially if you use pyrodex powders. Be sure to put the cone shaped spring back in the way it came out.

Latest posts

Back