Cora Did It Again

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forrest-hunter

Reaction score
My Drathaar Cora, caught another squirrel in back yard today - she was prancing around back yard with it - very proud -

Isn’t a Drahthaar the same as a German Wire haired Pointer? My Dad had a really nice Female Wire Haired, She was a great dog! She went everywhere that Dad went, She even ice fished and made a darn good partner at it! He now has an Airedale, that Dog is amazing as well, he has Caught no telling how many Gophers, and even a Grouse, For such a Tough dog he is incredibly Soft Mouthed, most of what he catches he brings back alive

They come from that breed but are actually different - Drathaars are breed as all purpose hunting dogs and disposition towards people and children - breed only once per year and have to pass rigorous hunting test - they also have a tattoo in ear - http://www.vdd-gna.org

forrest-hunter said:
They come from that breed but are actually different - Drathaars are breed as all purpose hunting dogs and disposition towards people and children - breed only once per year and have to pass rigorous hunting test - they also have a tattoo in ear - http://www.vdd-gna.org

That is neat to know! They look identical to the Wirehair. I am very familiar with the German rigorous hunting test, I have owned 2 Little Jagdterrier’s, My female’s Parents Came From Croatia, her parents were required to pass several tests before they could be Bred, An underground test on Badger was 1 of the tests, They were required to lock hold with it in a Controlled Tunnel (i stil have pictures of that testing stuff somewhere) I use to hunt terriers, I wanted a Harder dog than the Jack Russels, But the same small size. The German Jagdterrier fit that bill and then some!! I have talked to MANY JRT owners over the years that bragged of how Extremely tough their little JRT’s are, I smile and agree, Fact is 99% of them have ZERO clue what a REALLY hard dog is. My little female was insane hard, she weighed 15 pounds on a UPS Scale, She killed MANY Raccoons that were 20 pounds and well over, And she did it All by herself! Her little tail was flipping back n forth NO MATTER what she was in!! I had to be really careful with how i hunted her, My Fear was a Big Bobcat in a Hole, Or a Bayed Black Bear, She would NOT of hesitated 1 second, she would have locked ahold! More breeds of dogs have been screwed up here in the states than anywhere

My unregistered Wirehaired has parents that are drahts. They got together after hours at the camp. Smartest dog I ever had. Just could never get him to retrieve! He won’t let you go home knowing there’s another bird in the field. Outstanding bird dog for sure.

Back