Custom molds?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Sparhawk

Reaction score
I want to get into casting. My rifle loves a .498 round ball. I cannot find anything but either: .490, .495, or .500. I'm thinking about ordering a bag of .495 and a bag of .020 patches and see if that is as accurate as my .498 ball & .015 patch? Would you guys try this?
And does anyone know where I can order a .498 mold? Preferably a Lee?

That looks like a neat site Lew! My ebay ad says 495 but when you open it it's 498 Lee just like you said.

That looks like a neat site Lew! My ebay ad says 495 but when you open it it's 498 Lee just like you said.

Jeff Tanner Molds, He passed away a year, maybe a 2 ago now? I think it was in 2018? It’s my understanding that his Son Continues to Run the Business? The Website looks good. I have seen Tanner molds, and MANY people recommend him for Roundball Molds from my Start in Muzzleloading. They are a Unique design

Posting on behalf of the Muzzle Loaders Association of Great Britain (MLAGB). Jeff will be known here by many for his mould making.

It is with great sadness to report that Jeff Tanner passed away today at 12:30 with Chris and family at his side. Jeff was one of the first 100 members of the MLAGB with his first International Shooting competition in 1974.

Jeff was well known to the shooting community and he will be sadly missed by all...Our heartfelt condolences go out to his wife Chris and their two children.

Rest in peace Jeff

Back