CVA 35% discount

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis299

Reaction score
CVA will give a 35% discount on a new CVA BP rifle if you turn in a old CVA BP rifle that was made in 2009 or before.

http://www.cva.com/contact.php

Antique Muzzleloader Trade-In

Muzzleloader technology has advanced a lot in the last few years. So much so that if your CVA is more than 8 years old, it’s already obsolete – it’s essentially an “antique.” And because we don’t build these guns anymore, our inventory of replacement parts is getting pretty thin. This means that if you need an emergency repair right before or during the season, you might be out of luck. Therefore, for a limited time, we are giving CVA owners an opportunity to trade in their old rifles for a 35% Discount on one of our new, state-of-the-art ACCURA, OPTIMA or WOLF models. So, if you have a CVA muzzleloader of a year model 2009 or older (identified by a serial number ending in 09 or lower) fill out the form on the left and we'll arrange for you to return it to us. Be sure to include your name, email, telephone, address, city, state, zip code, item number, caliber, serial number, and add any other descriptions of the gun to the comment field. Make sure to add "trade-in" to the comment section. Once we receive the gun, we'll give you a 35% off discount code that you can apply to any CVA rifle in our web store. Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity!

Corporate Headquarters

Connecticut Valley Arms (CVA)
1270 Progress Center Ave. Suite 100
Lawrenceville, GA 30043

Online Store

If you have any questions or
concerns about items, availability
or orders you have placed from
our online store please contact us via email.

CVA Customer Service Department

Lawrenceville, GA 30043

770-449-4687

CVA Returns / Repairs

Attn: Warranty Service
Lawrenceville, GA 30043

Once we receive the gun, we'll give you a 35% off discount code that you can apply to any CVA rifle in our web store

Seems to me you can already get close to a 35% reduction off list by buying it almost anywhere else. :lol:

They want $350 for a black/SS Optima. Muzzle-loader.com wants $260 for the same rifle.

35% off with a trade in... Is their resale value that low you wouldnt be better off selling it? LOL The only CVA I own are Squirrelers and varminters. Out of production longer than 9 years :D

I wonder what replacement parts they are referring to?
8 years/2009 is odd to call something obsolete/antique, they seem pretty specific about that date. Make me think their might be possible issues with their older rifles....

Nothing sinister; 2009 is when CVA changed their breech plug to the QRBP. Now, the breech plug is installed, and removed with fingers, then, installed, and removed with a wrench. The QRBP now has a replacement plug available to burn Blackhorn; the old plug never was fixed. People from all over this great nation, send me their old wrench turned plugs to modify, so their old rifles reliably ignite Blackhorn. This started when Blackhorn first was available, and has continued to this very week.

ronlaughlin said:
Nothing sinister; 2009 is when CVA changed their breech plug to the QRBP. Now, the breech plug is installed, and removed with fingers, then, installed, and removed with a wrench. The QRBP now has a replacement plug available to burn Blackhorn; the old plug never was fixed. People from all over this great nation, send me their old wrench turned plugs to modify, so their old rifles reliably ignite Blackhorn. This started when Blackhorn first was available, and has continued to this very week.

Exactly, and they changed a whole lot more than just their breech plugs.

All non-4473 muzzleloaders are considered antiques by the BATF. Even the brand new ones.

Not saying this is a good deal, because I don't believe it is at 35% off their MSRP. If you have an old neglected rust bucket, then it might be a good way to get rid of it. If you shop around, you can find places selling for the reduced price if their MSRP everyday.

I'm thinking that this is a way for them to aquire old parts no longer produced that could be used as replacement parts for older rifles.

Have a 1997 firebolt. Been watching some auction sites where the best price I could get for this MZ would be maybe 50 bucks. If I was in the market for a new MZ it is a no brainer to cash in on 35% discount. I lose a never again fired MZ, gain a plus $225 credit to buy a CVA ACCURA LR NITRIDE. And yes, CVA accepted my 97 Firebolt

lptroll said:
Have a 1997 firebolt. Been watching some auction sites where the best price I could get for this MZ would be maybe 50 bucks. If I was in the market for a new MZ it is a no brainer to cash in on 35% discount. I lose a never again fired MZ, gain a plus $225 credit to buy a CVA ACCURA LR NITRIDE. And yes, CVA accepted my 97 Firebolt

$625 CVA MSRP
×35%
=$218

$625 - $218 = $407

You basically got $100 for your Firebolt. Minus your shipping costs.

Muzzleloaders.com is selling that rifle for $508, Sportsman's Warehouse is selling it for $499.

https://www.muzzle-loaders.com/rifles/c ... tride.html

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/spor ... /cat100008

Latest posts

Back