CVA Accura; First shoot.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxTrapper

Reaction score
After getting the Accura and coating it w/ Ultra Bore Coat and using Ultra Gun Shield. I took it out today.

Well; all went well . I started w/ 65gr. BH209 w/ the Hornady FPB, using the Rem. STS 209 primers. I put pink teflon on the breechplug.
Shot 7 times at 10yd's to adjust the open sights. The fiberoptics are nice but my eyesight just insn't what it use to be and hard to get a fine pic with it, kinda blurry. Anyway.
Everything went according to plan. When cleaning There was a little soot in the barrel but cleaned up very easy w/ hoppes #9. The BP had zero blowback and nothing even on the threads, acourse it was only 65grs. It cleaned up w/o any effort. Wiped er down and put it away for today. Thanks for all the help. Allen

Congrats on your new Accura... they are very nice and fine shooters to boot... :wink:

sounds like a great rifle... and it sounds like you have a lot of fun. Also some of the reports on your rifle are very favorable as far as accuracy and blow back.. an excellent report.

CVA Accura

TX Trapper: When you get out to 100 yards try that FPB bullet w/80 grs. of BH209...you will like the groups. I enjoy mine w/that load out of a CVA Kodiak Magnum. I also did a performance test @ that distance & it resulted in PERFECT MUSHROOMs.

:wink: Art Sehnke

Good luck with the Accura. I have one in .45. I may try some tape on the BP. I get a bit of blow back a few threads in. Not a problem but why not try it.

good luck with it and blackhorn. hopefully it will be a serious shooter for you

Latest posts

Back