Cva accura v1 45 cal ramrod

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

accura50

Reaction score
Looking for a replacement ramrod for cva accura v1 45 cal. Any help would be great the majority I've tried have 50 cal jag attached and won't work.

Why not just pick up a universal ramrod. Walmart has them in stock
Grabbed a ramrod with the palm saver but my dad said it's too big for the 45 and the jag doesn't come off I guess. It's for his gun not mine. Not sure how he even lost the ramrod...... anyways I'll try the universal rod. Can they be cut down to fit in the holder on the rifle?

Grabbed a ramrod with the palm saver but my dad said it's too big for the 45 and the jag doesn't come off I guess. It's for his gun not mine. Not sure how he even lost the ramrod...... anyways I'll try the universal rod. Can they be cut down to fit in the holder on the rifle?
Most ramrods are 3/8" dia so it should fit. If its just the end you can thin it dow.

Are you saying its too long or too thick?
If its too long you put it in the ramrod bolsters and measure how much sticks out from the muzzle then cut that much off the OTHER end.
Like I said almost all ramrods from .45 cal on up are normally 3/8" dia. and should slide into the rifle's retention syatem without issue.

Are you saying its too long or too thick?
If its too long you put it in the ramrod bolsters and measure how much sticks out from the muzzle then cut that much off the OTHER end.
Like I said almost all ramrods from .45 cal on up are normally 3/8" dia. and should slide into the rifle's retention syatem without issue.
I got him the replacement ramrod with the palmsaver and he says it's to wide to go down the barrel. Not sure if the jag end is removable to replace with a 45 jag.

Latest posts

Back