CVA and the Paramount

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And not standing behind product that they peddle. If they did that, it would be a different story no matter how bad their manufacturing and quality processes are.
Exactly. Which is why my disdain continues to this day even though the 2 bad ones I had were probably 12-15 years ago. Then everytime I decide they have improved and I will givethem another chance something comes up to reinforce my opinion and brings back my memory the conversation with a CVA rep that really turned me off of them wayback then.
Still....
I was going to buy a Paramount and try it but Glad I went with the Peregrine instead......I think .....cant say for sure till shoot it 😁

advertise as the next best thing to sliced bread and hype it up,
at near 2000.00 it is as close to a custom as most would get
I don't know every time I heard them talk about it I felt like I was being lied to, just a feeling, but it carries weight for me and my wallet
then actually being lied to by one of their customer service rep's didn't help one iota

We’re All Fairly Certain Why this came out, .453”+ Bores.
I’m Curious if the Paramount’s Owners Manual States Not to use Hodgdon’s Triple 7?
Has anyone tried T7 with Large Pistol Primers?
Or Heaven Forbid, Pressure Traced or Quickload Checked Very Mild Smokeless.
It is a Shame they didn’t use their Centerfire .45/70 barrels from the Apex, Scout & Hunter.
I bet Barry Brakebill’s .40 Caliber is Not Over .408”

We’re All Fairly Certain Why this came out, .453”+ Bores.
I’m Curious if the Paramount’s Owners Manual States Not to use Hodgdon’s Triple 7?
Has anyone tried T7 with Large Pistol Primers?
Or Heaven Forbid, Pressure Traced or Quickload Checked Very Mild Smokeless.
It is a Shame they didn’t use their Centerfire .45/70 barrels from the Apex, Scout & Hunter.
I bet Barry Brakebill’s .40 Caliber is Not Over .408”
He doesn't have a stock barrel, That I know

Id have to agree that a proprietary bore size, forcing customers to have to use only powerbelt elr's is far too restrictive. Hopefully for cva's sake, they change that business model. In a world where there's so many different goals and options to influence how you come up with a load, customers will naturally want to be able to have choices. Ive seen some that said they were getting leaking with the variflame modules. Hopefully that's addressed next time around. The original paramount did appear to get some things rite. Most manufacturers seem to think that a one size fits a six foot guy approach to stocks is fine. Having adjustable length of pull was a needed change. Though I felt the palm swell once, and it was made for a guy with gorilla hands. The option for a muzzle break was a great idea. It would be nice to see cva allow people the option to stow the ramrod in the stock if they so choose on the next one. Stowing a ramrod that actually works in a backpack isn't ideal. Im of the mind that removing the ramrod for accuracy is a good idea but there's times in the field where stowing the ramrod in the stock is a good option. The peregrine long range muzzleloader has its ups and downs too. The peregrine offers a sizing die with the muzzleloader and that is a huge benifit for a 40 cal. The paragrine offers the ability to stow the ramrod. The peregrine offers a tighter twist which could be good or bad depending on what your goal is. The paragrine doesn't have any option for adjustability to the stock unfortunately. The paragrine comes in unfinished stainless. Nitride and ceracoat seem so much better. It would be nice to see both long range manufacturers take notes from each other and offer something better at actual competitive pricing. It would be nice to see remington 700 stocks and triggers swap out on whatever they come up with next. Nobody likes that dreaded word proprietary!!!

Peregrine barrel is bead blasted and coated with whatever they coat it with and it is fluted so in my mind that is far from unfinished
never have a problem with the stock and the trigger is excellent
What's so nice about a Remington stock? I think the stock on the Peregrine is just fine and it suits may needs marvelously

The peregrine is a fine looking muzzleloader with plenty of pros to its design for sure from what I've seen. The nice thing about rem 700 stocks is that practically every company who makes stocks makes one or several for the Remington 700. So the options for replacing a stock for your purpose and fit would be numerous. Same thing for Rem 700 triggers. Tons of em out there. Alot of centerfires made by manufacturers who aren't Remington clone Remington 700s because there is so much aftetmarket stuff already available for the 700. I think I read somewhere that the paramount can fit one of the versions of a 700 stock and some other versions of 700 stocks need to be modified. Most stocks in the shooting world seem to only come in a "14 length of pull which probably fits a lot of people well. Unfortunately others tend to favor a shorter length of pull and have to awkwardly stretch their neck to align their eye with the scope on almost everything they've shouldered. Having adjustability in the length of pull and comb hight are a big win for those folks. If cva wanted to keep it simple and offer only one stock but be compatible with the 700 platform they would still at least have plenty of options for those who wanted to go a different rout. Heck if they had an option to sell a long range muzzleloader at a discount without the stock so you could put the money tword the exact stock you wanted made for a 700 platform they'd have the best thing since sliced bread. They have to first address the oddball bore size and possibly work on a better ignition system. I hope to see some improvements in the future. Hopefully the competition of cva and knight for the long range muzzleliader reaps a better and better product.

our local Scheels has the paramount HTR on sale well below 1k. Was thinking about pulling the trigger but waiting now. I love my Mr-x in 45 and shoot paper and steel have not hunted game yet with it. So I hope to have a paramount in 45 someday.

I bought a new paramount htr a few months ago and was excited to give it a try. After handling it a few times I decided it was too heavy for the type of hunting I do. After I saw this announcement from cva the other day my mind was made up. Since it was unfired I returned it to the store for a full refund. BH209 is available everywhere in my area but cost $90 each. When the season starts it’s gone off the shelves. LRP’s haven’t been seen in my area for sale for a few years.

Back