CVA Electra ML accident

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am very late to the party. I have never heard of this gun. Has it been discontinued?

It’s a excellent muzzleloader. Very accurate! And capable of 150gr charge, if that’s your thing.

That’s neat-
Honestly- this Thread has brought to my attention how unique this CVA Electra really is.

“Granted I wish the individual did not shoot himself in the foot”

Yet like I stated- this is the only story I’ve ever hear or read about a issue regarding the Electra.

I for one am glad to own it- as With the primer shortage… My CVA Electra and Flintlock are a very nice couple of Muzzleloaders to own, shoot and Have in the safe

Last edited:
From Iowa DNR regs., "Muzzleloaders equipped with electronic ignition are not allowed." I always thought this was strange since Iowa muzzleloader regs are not very restrictive. I can use my 500yd smokeless muzzleloader but I can't use a CVA Electra, go figure.

Odd Never heard of this electric problem or recall ever before…. Oh and No lawsuit against CVA after the Gun discharged without him pulling the trigger?!?! Really? Come on.

I believe he Shot himself in the foot as he walked out the door- it’s that simple.

I wish that didn’t happen to that person

Last edited:
I just watched a video on the Remington 700 etronix that was manufactured in the early 2000's for about 4 years. I wonder if the CVA used the same technology.

I’ve pondered selling my Electra. Yet as I think… Never would I imagine I’d see multitudes wearing mask in public, Toilet paper shortages, And ….. Never would I guess Muzzleloaders would be difficult to aquire components for.
I think the Electra ( In Proper working order ) is a Excellent and unique Modern Firearm. Under these odd times- having a modern single shot large caliber rifle that needs no primer. It certainly is rite there with a flintlock, Yet takes 150 gr charges and is Stainless/Synthetic. A small Walmart solar power charger and few rechargeable 9 volts, your Good to go. Since this thread is the only bad accident I’ve ever heard about the model. I’m not to worried.

Rule No. 1 - Treat every gun as if its loaded.

So sorry this happened. All accidents are preventable as we learn from our mistakes. Glad it was only a foot.

Back