D-Day: 6 June, 1944

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
D-Day: 6 June, 1944

Today is the 72nd anniversary of the Normandy landings.   Two of my uncles  by marriage were there.   My cousin was in the 101st Airborne Division:  He died at St. Mere Eglise on D-Day.   My good friend George W. Berry was in the first wave of Canadians to hit Juno Beach. 

They kept our country free.  They were the greatest generation. 

This evening i will tilt a glass of Carleton Towers to all who participated in the D-Day landings.

Re: D-Day: 6 June, 1944

I think I'll join you!  I don't have Carleton Towers but I do have some Crown Royal which I enjoy sipping on.  :D

I will join you. A sip of Crown Royal for the Canadians and a sip Jack Daniels for our service men and women. Cheers, :Red tup: and a job well done, you were the best.

John

I was only a year old but we're all a living testament to those men who sacrificed themselves. And that's what Omaha Beach was, a bloody sacrifice. Comparatively speaking, the other beach heads had it much better.
Without those selfless men we'd be "sprechen Deutsch".

I recommend, strongly, the movie Saving Private Ryan
The storming of the beaches there are the best in cinematic 
history. 

If you are a veteran of those beaches, watch with some caution. 
Other veterans who saw it had an emotional time. It is that real. 
It does not pull many punches. 

You WILL have an emotional reaction unless you are dead.

I would like to join you guys for that drink. That generation was really tough. They all showed it on those beaches at Normandy. Maybe I'll have a few drinks in their honor.

Ray............. :Salute:

Thankful for those that served......very thankful.

Back