Dead Ringer Buster Shotgun Sight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Half-Cocked

Reaction score
Dead Ringer Buster Shotgun Sight Amazon.com : Dead Ringer Shotgun Sight | Aluminum Base with Orange Compass Point Sight | Turkey & Duck Hunting Shotgun Sights | Duck Buster | Black : Hunting And Shooting Equipment : Sports & Outdoors

Any use these type of sights for winged birds? Are they pure gimmick or would they help? Is a front glo bead sight a better option. Or is the factory bead better?

I know they make a round ghost ring rear sight too as opposed to the oval. It's marketed for deer hunting. I think the oval site will work too for deer hunting.

I also would like to shoot trap or skeet recreationally. I'm told that these sites can some times get in the way. Opinions? Experiences?

A little about the shotgun in case you didn't read my other post. I plan on getting a Stevens Field security combo. It'll have two barrels one of them is a vented rib 28 inch barrel that I plan on using for birds and clay.

Thanks everybody.

I’ve used a magnetic fiber optic sight (just the “big front bead” type) for turkey hunting, as well as wing shooting.

It’s worked well for me, for turkey hunting. Look straight down the plane of the vent rib, put the dot on the neck, and let ‘er rip!

I’m not a big trap or wingshooter, but on the rare occasion that I get “in the zone,” that big dot disappears, IMHO- I’m focused on the target, and don’t even see the dot.

I don’t see the rear sight as being particularly useful for wingshooting, and it might even be distracting.

I’ve also tried the (fiber optic) rifle sights, which clamp onto the vent rib. They had smaller “dots,” as the fiber optic inserts were a smaller diameter. I didn’t need their precision for turkeys, so I took them off. They’re currently on my wife’s turkey gun…

Something like that sight would be good for turkey or deer hunting, I guess but IMO, too busy for fast wing shooting. A simple bead or fiber optic front sight is probably all you need.

Thanks I will give them a try. I agree with you deermanok I think if something is moving in the air fast I'd be better off with just a front site. It may help with deer slugs.

Free returns if they don't work out or I may just use the front sight only our of the pack. Glowy front sights are under 10 bucks. High end stuff is over a hundred.

Back