Diablo 12 Gauge Pistol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a muzzle loader but uses 209s for ignition so its not restricted by the Feds.
https://americanguncraft.com/product/desperado-11-inch-barrel-12-gauge-double-barrel-shotgun-pistol/
desperado-11_0169.jpg

The cheapest is at $499.00 for 6" blued/black or blued/rosewood. Some models are darned near a grand. They're functional, but that pistol grip, for those that have an issue with the Optima's grip, probably isn't going to be very comfy if the gun is loaded heavy. I almost bought one a year ago to use with T7 since a crud ring in a smooth-bore wouldn't be such a pain, but I wanted an 8" or longer barreled gun and the cost was just not going to let it happen. They do look like fun and for home protection I think they be something else at close quarters with #4 buck.

Why are we seeing this ad? I have advertising disabled...

FYI there is absolutely no crud ring with triple seven in a smooth bore. I can shoot my limit of 6 squirrels with the White Thunder shotgun with no crud ring issues. Actually same with my White rifles also, the key is #11 caps for ignition an a bigger bore.

I agree whole-heartedly on the #11 caps and T7. The Diablo uses only 209 primers, hence my statement. My guess on the advertisement is that they've paid the site to do so.

FYI there is absolutely no crud ring with triple seven in a smooth bore. I can shoot my limit of 6 squirrels with the White Thunder shotgun with no crud ring issues. Actually same with my White rifles also, the key is #11 caps for ignition an a bigger bore.
You're right, I have an older Pedersoli 12ga dbl barrel & all I've used in it is T7fff.

Last edited:

Because it is a pic in a post note a page ad.

For the muzzleloading shotgunners here, I'm curious about the recoil using an average load in a front stuffer as compared to that of a similar load in a conventional shotgun. One would think in these pistols that weigh far less than a standard shotgun the recoil has to be harsh enough to knock the load in the other barrel loose. Maybe not? I have no experience with muzzleloading shotguns and that has always been a question.

I think the two barrels loaded up with 12-15 pellets each of #4 buck would be a super close quarters defense load in one of these.

For the muzzleloading shotgunners here, I'm curious about the recoil using an average load in a front stuffer as compared to that of a similar load in a conventional shotgun. One would think in these pistols that weigh far less than a standard shotgun the recoil has to be harsh enough to knock the load in the other barrel loose. Maybe not? I have no experience with muzzleloading shotguns and that has always been a question.

I think the two barrels loaded up with 12-15 pellets each of #4 buck would be a super close quarters defense load in one of these.
YUP hurt on both ends!/Ed

Back