Did some ice fishing

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokin' Joe

Reaction score
My brother and I went up to the Lake of the woods in northern Minnesota to do some ice fishing.  The ice was 19" thick.  The ice is slow developing this year do to the early and frequent snow falls.  The snow actually insulates the ice.  We kept 12 fish out of the 40 - 50 fish we caught.  Lots of fun!!

008_zps6a45497e.jpg

:D 

Nice place you have there  :!:  :!:  :!: Nice big perch  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers: Great fillets there  :Shh: 

Ray............ ;)

Awesome! I am headed up to Milacs in a couple of weeks, hope we catch some like that!

Walleyes are delicious.

Ice fishing like that is the way to do it. Sitting on a bucket with the wind blowing and freezing my arse off is not what I call fun.  :x

Ahhhhh man! You suck. The ice here is so thin you'd go straight to the bottom.

Awesome catch! I bet he was nice on the plate.

awesome shanty! I went with my son last weekend right as the storm was coming in, 3 of us caught a couple hundred pan fish to which we kept 59. however our shanty is just a clam cabin nowhere near as nice as yours!

My brother and I both have fish houses on wheels.  They are essentially a camper with most of the ammenities, with a couple of modifications,  they're designed to be lowered flat on the ice and with holes in the floor.  They have LP forced air furnaces, electric outlets (run by a Honda 2000 generator) microwave, etc., etc.  The important thing is that you can go fishing for a couple of days on the ice.....comfortably.  Like Pato mentioned "not freezing my arse off"    :D 

The fish is a 22" Walleye, about 4 lbs.  They catch them a lot bigger but that was the biggest for me this weekend.

No, my brother's is a commercial one.  The brand name is Ice Castle.  Mine was made by a marine dealer that builds and sells fish houses.

01181411.jpg

vimg.com/u/f57/17/88/61/26/01181412.jpg" />
01181414.jpg

I did a little ice fishin with my niece and nephew yesterday. had more fun with them than I do catchin them myself!
Sometimes I wish my kids were still that age. :lol:

pilsbury, those kids will remember that day the rest of their lives.  They catch fish  :!:

Yeah now that my kids are big enough to hunt & fish on there own i try to take any kid who wants to go. I love findin some fish or animals for them just to see the look on there faces. Good times. Next time they come up we are gonna try some bunny huntin.....

Went fishing this weekend and caught some Saugers and a few Walleyes.  A couple of meals of fresh fish is always good.  The ice is now 31" thick on Lake Of The Woods.

Back