Differences between TC Encore Endeavor & Pro Hunter?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWThomas

Reaction score
I know this has probably already been answered, but what are the differences between these two ML's? The only thing I can see from looking on TC's website is that the Endeavor has the breechplug you can remove by hand and the Pro Hunter's breechplug needs a tool. Other than that I can't find any differences.

Breechplug, Endeavor engraved on the barrel and I believe the receiver has additional engraving over a pro hunter.

The only difference is the breech plug other than some cosmetic stuff. I have an Endeavor and absolutely love it. Once you get the hang of the new breech plu it really does make cleaning and maintenance easier. Oh yea, it shoots great to.

Thanks fellas! I'm really interested in getting a quality inline and have my eye on the Endeavor.

I have a regular encore without a barrel. Can I put an Endeavor or Pro Hunter barrel on it?

loadbreak said:
I have a regular encore without a barrel. Can I put an Endeavor or Pro Hunter barrel on it?

From looking at TC's site, yes you can use any Encore barrel with the Endeavor or the ProHunter.

Yes the Encore and Encore Pro Hunter barrels are all interchangeable. The Pro Hunter barrels are all fluted (both center fire and muzzleloader) so that makes them better balanced and make them weigh less. Keep in mind that the Encore Endeavor (also fluted) is just a muzzleloader so you won?t find them in center fire barrels just that barrel with the speed breech. If you have an older Encore, I would suggest a Pro Hunter or Endeavor Flex Tech stock that reduces recoil 45% or so.

Curtis

coh-1 said:
Yes the Encore and Encore Pro Hunter barrels are all interchangeable. The Pro Hunter barrels are all fluted (both center fire and muzzleloader) so that makes them better balanced and make them weigh less. Keep in mind that the Encore Endeavor (also fluted) is just a muzzleloader so you won?t find them in center fire barrels just that barrel with the speed breech. If you have an older Encore, I would suggest a Pro Hunter or Endeavor Flex Tech stock that reduces recoil 45% or so.

Curtis

True, but you can just buy barrels for it. I'm primarily getting the Endeavor to use as a ML. I already have a centerfire rifle and a shotgun.

coh-1 said:

Curtis

i switched stocks on my ENCORE picture included ...the FLEX TECH stock is a sales gimick ,it feels good because of the rubber inserts but what realy helps is the LIMBSAVER recoil pad that they put on ..as for 45% reduced recoil ,sorry to say but i found no difference ..ps.. i sold my stock to a member on this forum ...

I?m not sure where you got the bottom stock Sims Recoil Pad only, but try shooting your Encore with their original rubber recoil pad only and tell me there isn?t a difference. 100 grains in the older stock model feels like 150 with a Sims/Flech Stock, which was my point with the 45% reduction claim since I have both.

coh-1 said:
I?m not sure where you got the bottom stock Sims Recoil Pad only, but try shooting your Encore with their original rubber recoil pad only and tell me there isn?t a difference. 100 grains in the older stock model feels like 150 with a Sims/Flech Stock, which was my point with the 45% reduction claim since I have both.

with the original rubber recoil pad from T/C you are right recoil was horrible ..i removed it and added a LIMBSAVER recoil pad ..which was a big help ...then i bought the FLEX TECH stock and installed it on my ENCORE ..

i shot with both stocks with the limbsaver recoil pad and found no difference in recoil ..

Back