Downsizing the Sav.10ML

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tar-12

Reaction score
If any of you guys know of a Quality gunsmith, I am in need. I am wanting to shorten up the barrel on a Sav.10ML for my 12yr. old son. I can not take another season of him shooting blackpowder!! :wall: Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks Rick Clough

Tar-12 said:
If any of you guys know of a Quality gunsmith, I am in need. I am wanting to shorten up the barrel on a Sav.10ML for my 12yr. old son. I can not take another season of him shooting blackpowder!! :wall: Any info. would be appreciated. Thanks Rick Clough

I would have Henry Ball do it.

Hey Rick,
I wish I could recommend the gunsmith I used for Kristels gun but I really can't. He was a little rougher with the gun than he should have been, ie some barrel/stock scratches.

SW mentioned a gunsmith a while back. I tried to find the post but couldn't. Maybe he will chime in here and give his name.

I was afraid Chuck would say that.

I see you are in Indiana. I'd call Ron Name @ SMI and see if he would cut and recrown a barrel for you.

OR:

Mike Bryant
7761 FM 592 Wheeler, TX
(806)826-5618

http://www.bryantcustom.com/

All Mike needs is the barrel-- it is $35 + the return shipping.

Daryls Custom Guns in Cayuga Indiana could do it, he can be a little slow sometimes as he has alot of work. Also there is a gunsmith near Greencastle called Weigands that might be able to do it.

Latest posts

Back