Dressed up the Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Had this one up for sale w/thumbhole stock but no one was interested , found this stock over on the campfire for a decent price. Kind of like it with the stainless barrel, didn't think I would but do now once I've seen it on it.
Have one of those Burris scopes w/illuminated dot coming for it, should be a nice set up..

20190128_143038.jpg
20190128_143023.jpg

Great looking stock. Beats the plastic all to he##.
Is it heavier with the laminated stock?

Looks great! I sure am glad Boyd’s finally made stocks for the Omega so we can dress these old gals up.

Looks great! I sure am glad Boyd’s finally made stocks for the Omega so we can dress these old gals up
Boyd's offers 5 different stock models for the Omega, including 3 in left handed versions. I put a featherweight thumbhole on an Omega I had. 31956422_2104529856458982_4265845064091041792_o.jpg

thanks guys, the more I look at it the more I like it.. have never fired it yet so hopefully it will be as accurate as most Omegas are.

How was the fitting?
Make sure you check for fit. I would suggest bedding the front lug. I had a new Boyds that had to much slop around the lugs. After firing about 5 rounds, the barreled action slid back and blew a chunk out of the stock between the front action screw and the action lever. I had it installed at about 30 inchpounds. Had to repair the damage and bedded around the action.

I had the same issue as fishhawk, but I quit and didn’t break anything, but it slid back on me also after a couple of shots

Latest posts

Back