Drop in Feet

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

52Bore

Reaction score
In a previous LR post, I mentioned measuring in FEET past 500yds with my .308 and 2-300yds with a ML. This is why a quality optic with adjustment repeatability is so critical to go along with your LR rifle. IMO and experience, moving your POI precisely is far more accurate at long ranges than any lines, circles, etc. within a scope. No scope will help a load that's not extremely accurate.
Below, is a short drop chart comparing some of the popular ML loads along with my .308 and a 5MPH wind drift.

Attachments

• In Line Drop MV W.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 398
Seems when you size a photo to post on this sight, you loose some of the clarity.
So, here is a simpler view.

Attachments

• In Line Drop no val.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 394
ENCORE50A said:
I agree, I do not nor have ever liked multi reticle scopes. To much task saturation IMO.
I hate them too. When game is afoot I don't want the distraction. If you have ever seen an old Weaver ('84 and back) catalog they had a chart on how to use their Dual X (duplex) reticle as a range finder for every scope in their line.

Latest posts

Back