Early Evening Visitor

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbythehunter

Reaction score
Two nights in a row something emptied one of my birdfeeders so I raised up my birdfeeder I set up a trail camera to see who was stealing my seed. This big boy was trailing a doe that was visiting my bird feeder. Nice buck for sure. First time I've captured him on camera.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 16
That's a mighty-fine looking buck. Looks like a drop-tine?
‐-----------------------------
p.s. Bob, is that your new RI house location?

When still on the farm (300 acres) near Estes Park & Roosevelt National Park in Colorado we would get bucks like this all the time working on the wife's garden and flowerbeds. We had the backside of Roosevelt landlocked to the general public, so the elk and deer were safe from hunters with only the half dozen land owners shooting (we would pass on the older big horn animals, liked the younger tender ones if we had a choice).

I sold all our dropped (shed horns) and ones taken off bucks like this when we sold the farm. Shed and ones taken from gotten game bring some unbelieveable funds when sold at one of these buying events. An old neighbor use to say "you can't eat the horns - only the mice enjoy them", true but now the funds received will buy more toys (guns and ammo). :thumbs up:

bobbythehunter got me thinking to check my own backyard cam. These pics were taken just before we started getting snow two weeks ago. Gotta be a buck around somewhere tending those doe.
BWdCBzD.jpg

Xg2BLP0.jpg

We have a small herd of Whitetail deer that came from PA in a trade for Mule deer a few years ago. The DOW was surprised that this herd has done so well being around the larger Mule deer and not having any issues. It's fun to watch the two different groups feeding together with no fighting. Their babies (Whitetails and Mule deer) seem to not know they are different from each other, they play and chase each other all the time. I'll try and get a few pictures of them feeding.

mule.whitetail.jpg

comparsions.jpg

.​

Your visitor is welcome at my place at any time. 🦌

Back