What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I ordered the a new Dewey ramrod for my next project build. I ordered 2 sizing dies from LEE Precision & the part that they go into for the same gun build.
I ordered a bunch of 225g plinking bullets for my young friend I’m helping out with his new CVA Scout 45/70 SML conversion. His first muzzleloader ever. I also ordered myself some 300g SST’s ( .452 ) & some .452 250g FTX to shoot BTB in my Paramount just bc they were .45 & .74 each, not 1.54ea. So I can afford to shoot more.
Now…..the wait….

I did a self check on my use of sights & my ML's. I can no longer see well enough using open sights. So i have to go scopes & red dots. Some of my ML's would require high rings & forward n rearward rings to clear those cap locks. I am getting bogged down with too many i just have been hanging onto. So i am going to get my Blk. Diamond & Renegade to my Son & his family. Then later on give them the .45 Hawken.

Took a trip to Utah and had another fantastic Merriam’s hunt. I had five birds gobbling their heads off this morning and was able to call two nice toms to 23 yards. A little TSS from the Tominator folded one up like a cheap lawn chair.

View attachment 43943
View attachment 43944
Beautiful Scenery & congratulations on your gobbler, from size of beard, looks like a good one. :lewis:

Well I finally finished my smokeless Encore conversion. I think it turned out pretty good. was a lot of work on the forearm to make fit, but was well worth it. Here are a couple of pics.
Jeeezzz dude, ya needs ta learn how to post pics without having to download them to view them.
It looks nice. Well done! I see that you changed your mind on the twist fluting huh.
I hope that you enjoy the heck out of it.

Jeeezzz dude, ya needs ta learn how to post pics without having to download them to view them.
It looks nice. Well done! I see that you changed your mind on the twist fluting huh.
I hope that you enjoy the heck out of it.
Thank you. I don't know why, when I sent them to my email. I had already downloaded them to show the pictures, but when I attached them they came out in folder?

Latest posts

Back