Early Muzzleloading Season.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherokee5425

Reaction score
This week is early muzzle loading season here in Penna. Didn't get a chance to go out until yesterday (Wednesday) rained all day didn't see anything. Went out today, beautiful day, clear, cool, with a touch of snow on and off. Didn't see or hear anything all day, but around 4 in the afternoon I Heard some snorting, here came 5 doe thru the thicket , she was in the lead. They slowed up enough for me to get my crosshairs on her. Load, same as always, 300 gr, 45 cal. Hornady XTP two Pyrodex pellets.

Congratulations on a real nice doe. That looks like some fine eating there.

:D :)

CONGRATS on that nice doe and enjoy all that tender meat :!: :!: :!:

Ray............ :wink:

Nice doe! Great shot too. :yeah:

You fellers with the early seasons are making me jealous. I want at least 2 of those in my freezer, it's empty. :(

I really love the early muzzle loading season. The older I get the less I like the colder weather. I really want to look into going to Maryland for their early muzzle loading season which I believe is a week prior to ours. My biggest dream hunt would be to go muzzle loading in Ohio. That I think would be awesome as they, (Ohio) seems to consistently get record book Muzzle Loading bucks.

cherokee5425 said:
I really love the early muzzle loading season. The older I get the less I like the colder weather. I really want to look into going to Maryland for their early muzzle loading season which I believe is a week prior to ours. My biggest dream hunt would be to go muzzle loading in Ohio. That I think would be awesome as they, (Ohio) seems to consistently get record book Muzzle Loading bucks.
I am from Southeast Ohio, and the state does produce some hogs. There seems to be some real big ones taken every year. There are lots of Corn, Alfalfa, and Soybeans grown in the state so they are well fed. :wink: 8) They just had the first statewide early Muzzleloader season, but it is just a weekend. And the regular 4 day muzzleloader season is in January. I will be back there in the woods for regular gun season first Monday after Thanksgiving. Regular gun season is only 7 days. Ohio does have a long Archery season though.

Latest posts

Back