Elite 3200 Problems

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toolman

Reaction score
I went to the range yesterday to check the zero on by Omega .50 before leaving Tuesday on an extended muzzleloader hunt, The first few shots were grouping but off to left about 4 inches. I then proceeded to adjust the scope, sometimes it did and sometimes NOT! Other times it would be way too much. I just bought this Bushnell 3200 in January and haven't fired 100 shots through the gun. I ended up giving up disgusted after 4 hours and 35 shots. I guess I'll have to send it to Bushnell with the peak of the rut (Alabama Rut peaks in mid to late January) 2 weeks away!

Has anyone else had this problem with the Bushnell 3200 3x9?

Also how quick was the turn around time from their customer service?
Thanks,
TM

Make sure your bases and rings are tight. I have not had any problems with my 3200....

Hey Toolman...
Usually....a problem such as this is NOT the scope, usually. The FIRST thing I would do is take the rings/bases off and start over. I don't know if you use blue locktite/similar on your base screws but you need to. I don't know what brand/type of bases/rings you are using but the scope can only be as good as the bases/rings. Look at the bases/rings first.

Also how quick was the turn around time from their customer service?

In my experience, Bushnell has the worst customer service in the business. I've delt with Burris, Tasco, Leupold, Sightron, Simmons/Weaver, Swift, and BSA. Bushnell worst, Leupold, Sightron, and Swift, the best.

Thanks guys for the advice. I am shipping the scope back to Bushnell in Kansas tomorrow.
Big6x6 I did take the scope off at the range, but not before checking all the ring screws for tightness. The scope would either not adjust as set or would overadjust.
I thought the Bushnell Elite 3200 was a quality scope, but I think differently now!

Merry Christmas!

Toolman, I had the same problem with the Elite 4200 on my Pro-Hunter. I also sent mine back to Bushnell. It's been about 12 days & I haven't heard from them yet. Looked on ebay & found a Nikon Omega BDC scope. Gotta good price. With the gun & scope it's a deadly combo. Good Luck.

Im not trying to turn this into a "Leupolds-the-greatest-scope-ever-made post, because thay most certainly are not, but I arrived at leupold scopes as a result of a combination of scope elimination and no other choise. I had no less than three mid-priced scopes fail me while in use on my slug guns. I will add in fairness to the now defunct scopes that I shoot my slug guns what is in all likely hood many more times than any other person I know of save for shotgun slug expert Dave Henderson.

I had one Tasco scope, Bushnell Trophy banner, and one Redfield wide angle all fail in such a manner as to no longer maintain zero. With the Tasco I actually could see the cross hair ellaments had broken when I looked through the scope.

I had always avoided Leupold because I always told my self they were a combination of more scope than I needed (for shotgun hunting deer) or could afford.

Well I asked the advise of a Viet Nam erra USMC sniper I knew what scope should I get now that the others had failed me. He replied "you will never regret buying a Leupold" as that was his hunting scope(s) of choise.

That was 14 years, six Leupold VariX-IIs, and litterally 1000s upon 1000s of combined 12ga magnum slugs, .338wm rounds, 7mmstw rounds, 300wm rounds, .50 cal magnum ML rounds ago and I have never suffered a single scope problem or failuer of any type.

As far as Luepolds C/S and willingness to reply to your emails I will recount my two experiences.
#1-I own 2 VariX-IIs in 4-12x40mm and although I love that scope model dearly, I was never compleatly satisfied with the fact it had a "Fine Duplex" cross hair. I emailed Leupold to inquier about getting it changed to a standared duplex reticle. I not only received an return email the same day, but also a C/S rep called my house to ask if he could help me in any way. I had both converted and turn around time was (including shipping time to Luepold and back to me) 11 days.
#2-I also emailed Leupold after I purchased my first VariX-II, asking for help because I was unsure of how the 1/2 MOA scope adjustment system worked a various yardages. I received a return email the vary next day with a deteiled explanation as well as the same un-asked for a few days lator in the snail-mail.

Are there scopes out there as good as Leupold, absolutely. But none that will serve you better or hold up any better, and NOBODY but NOBODY has better customer servise than Leupold and Damn few can honestly say thay match it.

Maybe I don't shoot enough or maybe I'm just lucky. I own a varity of Bushnell scopes and a Bausch and Lomb(now bushnell) and have never had one fail. All seem to hold their zero, easy to adjust. The most expensive was the B & L 6 - 24 with the AO and target dot. Next was the 3200 elite in 4 - 12. The rest are 3 - 9 and were just over $100. Don't know what else to say but I'm satisfied with their preformance.

Latest posts

Back