Elite scope mounting question

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For those of you out there that have a Knight Disc Elite 45 what height rings do you use? I thought I could mount a 4-12x40 on leupold standared rings and bases and use low rings since those worked on my KRB. However the objective bell hit the barrel. Now I have ordered a set of Warne rings and bases, the bases were backordered but I have the rings also low height. Anybody use the Warnes before? Will they work or should I return them and get Meds?

Hornet22savage said:
For those of you out there that have a Knight Disc Elite 45 what height rings do you use? I thought I could mount a 4-12x40 on leupold standared rings and bases and use low rings since those worked on my KRB. However the objective bell hit the barrel. Now I have ordered a set of Warne rings and bases, the bases were backordered but I have the rings also low height. Anybody use the Warnes before? Will they work or should I return them and get Meds?

Mine are all medium rings. I use Leupold and Warne Rings. One thing you think about is that Warne base are really low as compared to Weaver and some other models.

I used Weaver bases with Warne quick release rings on my .45cal Elite. Sorry, I forget what size the rings are, I think they were the low ones. I used a Nikon 3-9x40 and it had clearance. I can measure the rings I used if that will help you. I'm not sure if this picture will help.

Reese your rings look like lows however your bases are tall compared to most. I was trying to avoid haveing to recenter the windage of myscope since it came off another gun. I think I'll return my warne rings and cancel the bases and pick up a set of leupold med rings. I'll just have to re zero the windage on the scope first. Thanks for all of the replies.

I have a 45 cal Elite with 'medium' height Warne rings. The scope is a 3-9 Zeiss Conquest. It sits just a tad high, but allows room to work the bolt or load a primer. I plan to leave it just as it is, just a little more fine tuning with 195 grn Barnes saboted loads.

Back