...Empty brass............

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
:D
If any one has as few empty shells laying around (with the shot primers still in) that you don't want you can send them to me if you want. I'm looking for the right size rifle shell that will hold 110grs of blackhorn. If I find the right size shell, I'll never have to weigh or measure another charge. All I would do is fill the shell to the top ( 110grains ) and then fill my tubes. If you want anything for them let me know.
The largest one that I've tried so far is the 300 win mag. It's to small. Still had blackhorn in my funnel. It wouldn't take the full charge.
Let me know,
Ray...................

Don't you have brass at the local range?

btw..What's wrong with a powder measure if all you want to do is fill your tubes?

:scratch:

Just something different Pete :!: I try to keep the mind busy with some new ideas or thoughts once in a while before you know what occurs................. :D :)

Ray......... :D

Sometimes I use a cartridge case in the field with my sidelock. That's when i'm working up a load. Once I have what I want. I make one up out of copper like they did in the 1800's. Pretty time consuming trying to beat a piece of copper into the right size. :rabbit:

Measure 110gr dump it in a Lanes Tube and mark it. Then dump it back out and cut the tube to size. Done!!

Thanks buddy :!: Haven't seen anyone at the range shooting anything larger then the 300 win mag and when you do, they keep the brass for reloads.

Ray............

Good idea there Omega. Thought of that but ..........I had ordered 50 from Lane and as usual I gave a few to this guy and then a few to that guy and now I have just enough. I will have to order more tubes down the road but not in the near future....I'll wait until I can order a bunch more.

Ray........... :)

Thanks Pete :!: That link has what I wanted. Going to wait to hear from sqezer. He's looking thru his brass for me.

Ray

I find that the small tubes that LANE sells on this website is great for BH209. I can get 100gr in one with alittle room to spare.
May want to give them a try. I am pretty sure it will hold 110 gr when full.
Good Luck.

Ray,
PM me your address I'll send you a 30-378 Wby brass...
110g of BH209 comes right up to the shoulder.
Anyway if you think thats what your looking for let me know and I'll send it out Saturday.

Chuck

Back