Encore accuracy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tracker12

Reaction score
I picked up an Encore a couple of weeks ago and have been very happy at the range. Today I was coming in from a deer hunt when I spotted a groundhog in the field. Great way to test it out. Moved up to a little knol and took a prone position. I was shooting Barnes MZ 250 and at the shot the hog was knocked over and never moved. I stepped it off at 110 paces. I was tickled with the shot. Hog was easier to drag out also. I think I am really going to get attached to this gun.

ground hog..this time of year

I know it has been warm here in Md. but finding a ground hog out of his hole this time of year in rather unusual. The warm weather has not helped the late muzzleloader season for us.

Any way excellent shot with your new Encore, nothing like a challanging
shot to build your confidence.

Choc-dog

I hope that wasn't Phil, he is probably our only Winter forecaster that we can count on these days. Those things should be hibernating this time of the year. I wonder if that means a really early Spring?

Choc-Dog
Know what you mean. Hunted yesterd most of the day and did now see a thing. Today was a different story. Hunted public land and with the extra hunters out saw deer. Passed a sike and forky. Then took a nice doe for the freezer. Plus I wanted to get a first for the Encore and also see how the Barnes MZ exanders worked. Guy I met missed a nice high racked 10 pt that ran out and crossed an open field 100 yards from the parking lot.

Great shot Tony! :D Nothing like that to "build up your confidence" in your gun/load. Congrats. on the doe. :yeah:

Dear tracker12

Tracker12,

Glad you are seeing deer. They are still hiding from gun season up here.
I bowhunted Potomac, Md twice this week and did not see a deer and those deer don't even know they are being hunted.

Congratulations on your Encore kill. :D :D

Choc-dog

Back