enjoying the day

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayuga

In Remembrance
Reaction score
Well the warm weather hit today. I washed and waxed the truck this morning. And then decided I wanted to shoot. I debated between muzzleloaders, handguns, shotguns, or modern rifles. I finally decided.. I would shoot my .22 caliber Sig Sauer 522 tactical style rifle. Only because I like shooting it, can make a lot of noise, its very accurate, and I had mounted a different scope on it. This time I put a Simmons Pro Diamond 4x32mm scope.

I started on the swinging targets. I was 41 yards away from the target, and shot 19 times before finally missing one. Then I started double tapping them which was a real challenge. I finally broke out a target and put that at 60 yards. I did not feel like walking too much today as the knees were bothering me. But at 60 yards I could hold a 2 inch group off a rest. That to me was plenty good. I even shot a paint can at 100 yards a few times. All I had to do was aim at the top edge and it would drop them right in the bottom center.

I then did some combat shooting.. point shoot at the swinging targets, and then a little rapid fire. I mean come on, that's why I bought this rifle. To make noise and shoot fast.

After shooting well over 250 rounds off.. I decided that was enough for the day. But it sure was nice to be out in the sun and shooting again. If the weather holds, I will be shooting a flintlock tomorrow.

:D

Glad to see your weather has changed Dave! Always fun shooting .22 :) A grand day for sure!

:D

Sounds like you made up for some lost time. Glad you could get out and shoot :!:

Ray............ :wink:

Back