Krieger at 600yds

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
After all the pp weather, today was finally a good day to head to the club and shoot long range. Others thought the same, as there were a number of other shooters there. The State Police had the 100yd range reserved, but we had the 600yd range to ourselves.

Shooting today was with the Krieger 1:19 twist barrel and to 600yds. Today's charge was bumped up to 100grsW of BH (not for production rifles). A wool wad was used, as I was using a tactical brake that Levi sent me to try, so wool it was.

I'm low on the 400gr Fury and Northern Precision bullets and had just enough sized for the Krieger barrel. First up was the Fury 400's. I had 4 rounds to send and the remainder were sized for DUNAMIS. After the initial fouling round, which was just to the left of this group, the following 3 Fury 400gr bullets shot exceptionally well at 600yds. Nice .6moa 3 shot group. I'm very happy with the accuracy at distance of the Fury 400's. They bump up great.

IMG_1230.jpg

Now the 400gr Northern Precision bullets................... Here's a photo of the target.

See the target? Its right here..................... ( )

I had trouble with the NP bullets at 500yds and at 600yds, I couldn't even hit a 5'x5' piece of cardboard backer let alone the target. The bullets didn't even hit the 5' x 8' backstop. I have no clue where those bullets went.
They are NOT long range bullets and the few remaining that I have left, I won't waste propellant and primers on.

The Fury 400's are really good long range bullets. They shoot well.

What is the difference between the 2 bullets Encore. Profile? I know the BC for the Furys is higher but not to even hit the backstop almost sounds impossible. Especially when the Furys shot so well! Are the NPs just losing that much more velocity and starting to lose stability.

Here's the Fury 400's.

1713541643203.jpeg

The NP.......... Once these went over 400yds, I couldn't determine where they went. At 600yds you WILL hear the bullets hit the backstop, but where these went is anyone's guess.

1713541702088.jpeg

Latest posts

Back