Extreme Elite HP "Precision" experience anyone?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Vaccaro

Reaction score
Anyone have first hand experience with the Extreme Elite HP from "Precision" out of a TC 50cal? Accuracy or on game performance?

Thanks!

Did I miss something? I originally found Precision Rifle's site here on this site and have yet to find any posts relating to their bullets. Did they fall out of favor for some reason or hasn't anyone tried them?

It's odd to not get at least one reply. PM me is necessary.

Thanks

I don't use PR Rifles Elites or Dead Centers... REASONS?

1. All lead bullets tend to deliver 50-100fps LESS velocity at the muzzle with same charge vs. jacketed bullets.

2. Drop a couple of all lead bullets in your pocket and at the end of the day you have two deformed lead bullets.

3. Of any bullet I have ever shot, I have gotten more "unexplained" fliers using PR bullets than any other bullet. This in all types of muzzleloaders. I have TRIED to use them. Two bullet into one hole and then one 4-8 inches away from the group. How do you explain that?

4. Availability... Canada and Cabelas..that's about it.

5. Personality... Two extremes...PR Bullets head honcho vs. Bob Parker...talk to either and you'll know what I mean.

Thanks! I appreciate your clarity\honesty. Too bad for them, the bullet shape is good. Sure wish one of the big bullet makers would take our bulk bullet requests and desire for a streamlined bullet into account. Along with cost similar\comparible to the XTP.

Thanks again!

Extreme elite from PR

I have been using the 360 grain extreme elite over 110 grains of loose t7.
Accuracy is very good, 2" groups at 100 yds. Four deer have been taken the last three years using this load. Three falling within sight and one going about 40 yards and falling. dd

In WA we have to use all lead, open sight. I have used these in 265 grain for two years in my Rem 700ML. Shot 2 mulies and both dropped in their tracks. On the range with 2 pellets Pyrodex grouping is fine.
I ordered mine online and got free shipping with 5 packages.

I have not used the PR bullets yet, just picked some up in 45 sabots and need to get the .50/.40 to try them in my omega. I have shot a lot of the TC Cheapshots, with a similar shape. They did very well for me with excellent on game performance with 85 gr of pyro p.

The PR elites and dead centers are the only bullets I could get to fly straight in my Knight. I tried everything, including the shockwaves.

Latest posts

Back