Disc Extreme peep sight WOES

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now that I have my Disc Extreme 52 cal, I'm looking for a peep sight set up. Williams has the Western Precision set but it only lists the Mountaineer model. Does anyone know if this set will match up to the DE? Other suggestions? Thanks

So I have an update on the peep sight situation. I have discovered that the new version of the Williams FP is definitely not compatible with the current model of the Disc Extreme. I have read about the minor filing that has been done in the past by other people to allow clearance of the bolt. I received my new sight yesterday. I mounted it on the rifle. No Go on the bolt throw. The newest version of the FP sight seems like the sight bar that the peep rides on is quite a bit larger than the original version? There’s at least. 1/6” across the width of the bar that the bolt rams into. It also makes serious contact at the corner of the bar. If that were the only place there was contact, I probably would’ve been able to file it to make it work. No dice. Here are a couple of pictures. I have ordered the WGRS version to try. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• IMG_2382.jpeg
    IMG_2382.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2381.jpeg
    IMG_2381.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
From your pics harleyboss it’s hard to see. I had to file a little off the corner of the bar. Which after sighting in with the western precision globe front sight the bar was high enough that filing wasn’t necessary. That said, I have seen you around on this site for awhile now and trust that if you say it won’t work, I believe you.

Yeah. It fits the stock no problem. The elevation bar is close by it clears the stock. The issue is the sight bar that goes across the top of the action. That bar covers the whole bolt handle. It’s not just a corner. I bought it thinking that I would have to file off the corner to allow the bolt to lift and clear. Not the case. It covers the whole top of the bolt. I am really bummed. Hopefully the wgrs version works.

The problem exist because of the bulky size of the NEW Knight bolt. If you could find an older Knight/Lehigh bolt body, your problem would probably be solved.

I will try to up load a picture of the older bolt.

If you look you will see the different configuration of the Knight/Lehigh bolt handle.

IMG_1403.JPGIMG_1402.JPG

Last edited:
The problem exist because of the bulky size of the NEW Knight bolt. If you could find an older Knight/Lehigh bolt body, your problem would probably be solved.

I will try to up load a picture of the older bolt.

If you look you will see the different configuration of the Knight/Lehigh bolt handle.
Interesting, mine is western legal bolt.

Here’s the current DE bolt handle. That tall shoulder point really causes clearance problems. On a positive note, SSK had the adapters in stock today so I was able to order the new BP, adapters and vent liners.

Attachments

• IMG_2389.jpeg
    IMG_2389.jpeg
    218.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2388.jpeg
    IMG_2388.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 0
Harleyboss, if you want I have a bolt that came on my disc, that clears my fp sight. I believe it’s the FPJ, it’s not legal to hunt with in the northwest so it’s no use to me. Privet message me if you want it, I will mail it to you.

Attachments

• IMG_0402.jpeg
    IMG_0402.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0400.jpeg
    IMG_0400.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0403.jpeg
    IMG_0403.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Harleyboss, if you want I have a bolt that came on my disc, that clears my fp sight. I believe it’s the FPJ, it’s not legal to hunt with in the northwest so it’s no use to me. Privet message me if you want it, I will mail it to you.
Harleyboss, that is the bolt body that you need. You current firing pin assembly will go right in it!

Still might need to do a slight mod to the left/right bar but very easy.

Composite.jpg

Update. The Williams WGRS Legend fits my Disc Ex. just fine. Not the sight that I really wanted but sometimes you gotta make lemonade outta lemons! My SSK bare primer BP and adapter shipped today so I'm getting close. Thanks for all the assistance and suggestions.

Back