Favorite Reel Lube

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loggy

Reaction score
What's your favorite reel lube?

I have been using good ole Pennsylvania Penn's Reel Lube for many years on my Penns and Non-Penn's.

pen224.gif

I think I hear some dry gears grindin!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vaseline. :shock: It works very well and is pretty cheap.

Patrick White said:
Vaseline. :shock: It works very well and is pretty cheap.

Patrick, I heard of others usin good ole vaseline also.

The resounding response to this thread over a 3 week span will be remembered.... if any here ever put their reels up for sale!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Penn 209s I bought were used and purchased on e-bay. I took them apart cleaned and lubed and installed new drag washer sets. My 209 has nuts with a small spring loaded ball that you have to depress to oil. I presently use a small nail to unseat the ball and drip oil down it. Is there a special oiler for Penns?

Pete,

I have used the Penn Lube (Pic above) and it works good on Penn Reels that have fittings. I like the Penn Lube cause it doesnt gum up in cold weather plus is specially formulated for fishing reels...preventing corrosion etc. Doesnt smell too bad eother! :lol:

:D Never tried it but it sure sounds like a great product nugbuk! I read that the synthetic REEL-BOATING Lube is made from the same family of lubricants that are used for lubricating JET ENGINES. Impressive!

I am a maintenance freak with all my huntin/ fishin equipment. The Wife always ribs me about not giving other things such attention. :lol:

Back