feeding the deer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black powder

Reaction score
NORTH HATLEY QUEBEC .hunters putting out feed for the deer ,we have lots of snow ,the deer are hungry and have calmed down ..

holy you know what! how scarce is the food there that they congrigate like that?

up north in the winter the deer "yard-up" every year they go to the same place .so after a while food runs out ..they will not leave the yard to search for food ,last year we lost a lot of deer because of the great amount of snow ..

Thats awesome Blackpowder. 2 weeks back I saw 68 deer whilst walking the bush in Southern Ontario. The pictures are brilliant. The snow was more than 3 feet deep in places. I was using snow shoes, but the deer had walked a hard path about a foot deep which they were using as a highway to get to their food. Didnt find a single deer carcase this year. Found a cow carcase that the Coyotes had eaten, but the deer seem to have had a decent enough winter. We too have been supplementing with apples, corn, potatoes etc. But mostly they seem to be eating what they typically eat. Cedar is toast though. I am glad that we have had a good melt. I think that this might be a record year for us this year. Some are saying we have already had 300 inches????

those are amazing photos... what are the deer being fed?

Back