fence line's

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowcarp

Reaction score
got to admit I like them , opening weekend of our muzzle season over lapped with the last weekend of our rifle season and since we can use our muzzles during rifle season I grabbed the ML just laid up in the grass with 2 tags in my pocket and waited they like to run this fence between bedding area and food she came in at about 30 yards

Spotted this guy on the last day of the season on the 31st on the same fence line was able to crawl up on him , had to wait 30-45 minutes till he gave me a nice 80 yard shot , we got off work early for new years so decided to take advantage and make one last try , had hunted every weekend of the season , there is a buck on the property I really wanted but the good news is he'll be there next year, I don't post much usually read and soak up the knowledge but I got to admit I'm pretty satisfied with the season kinda sorry its over , onto punching holes in the ice.

:applause:

CONGRATS :!: :!: Nice deer and a nice story........

Ray............. :yeah:

Congrats! That fence tactic seems to be working good for you. My 2nd biggest but most memorable buck is also one that was hiding on a fence line.

Nice looking deer Great story and Pictures!! Looks like you have plenty of venison this year. Now what to make with them, Cutlets, Roasts, Sausage, Kabasi, Hot Dogs, Jerky. Damn now I'm getting hungry. Grin

Thanks guy's I appreciate the comments , one thing I forgot to mention was they are both public land deer just outside of town they get ignored there because it only a few miles out of town most figure its to close I just hope they keep thinking that way , and yes edmehlig chop's and roast and the trimmings for sticks and jerky quite a few roosters up there also , heading out in a bit to try for a few of those

very nice pictures and good hunting, knowing their habits like that. You have a nice venison filler there.

Congratulations. Good story and pictures. Knowledge of their habits paid off. Good job.

I must agree fence lines are a great place to hunt deer, don't knew really why the like them so but they do.

I must agree fence lines are a great place to hunt deer, don't knew really why the like them so but they do.

Latest posts

Back