feral goats

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browndog

Reaction score
by a river in Australia I got my first kill with my 54 cal lyman deerstalker stainless. Shot it at about 70 yards. Put it straight down with 100gns ffg and a lyman 405gn maxi.
Regards Browndog

:partyman:

CONGRATS browndog :!:
How big do those critters get and how are the horns shaped :?:

Ray......... :wink:

Congratulations on the goat. It sounds like you have a good load worked up.

a big feral goat weighs up to about 130lbs with a spread of horns in excess of 36". Mine was a little bloke we shot to resupply our meat locker while camping and fishing>
regards Kevin Brown

heres a photo of a little one shot with my marlin 45/70 by my son out of the same mob.
regards Kevin Brown

Attachments

• PC300092a.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 1,183
:D

Thanks for posting the pic of the BLOKE. By the way, what exactly is a BLOKE :?:

Ray......... :wink:

Congrats on your goat! It's a dream of mine to hunt and fish in Australia some day.

Congratulations on your goats! I was in Orange, Australia a few years ago, and friends took me out to shoot kangaroo. I shot three males. I used a friend's browning Abolt .223 WSS. It did the job. I'd like to go back and do some more hunting Down Under.

Sounds like you were in the same general area where I hunted. We really enjoyed being in Australia, and would like to go back some day.

Congrats on your goat!!! Someday I would love to get over there and do some hunting.

Kind of a cool looking animal, are they good eating ? We got nothing like that up here.

Congrats on your goat :D

they taste good like a lean sheep without the gamy flavor of deer. It is winter here tomorrow and I will go and fill the freezer with them soon. Apparently goat meat is one of the most eaten in the world but not in the USA or Australia
Regards Browndog

Goat is very good eating IMO. I make a Mexican dish called birria and several style of curries from India, Jamaica and Asia. The Thia style curries made with coconut milk are especially good.

Latest posts

Back