Feral pig recipies

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buglemintoday

Reaction score
Post them up if you have any! I have plans to take many more this season and years to come.

Feral Piggy Recipies

Take some ham steaks app 1 in thick. Trim all fat off. Brown on grill until about half done. Let cool and cut into 1 in. cubes. Place in crock pot along with a quarterd onion and 1 green pepper sliced into bite size pieces. Pour in 1 or 1 1/2 cups of port wine. Add 4 or 5 tbs. Jack Daniels hot sauce. Let cook 5 or 6 hours, put on your bib and go to town!

Another good one

This one is so simple a cave man could do it. Place a 3-4 lb pork roast in a crock pot. Add 2 packet lipton onion soup. Place taters and carrots all around. Cook 6 or 7 hrs until well done. Serve with the rest of the Port Wine!!

Wild pig

If under 100 lb., smoke it! Either whole or quartered, a little black pepper, a little garlic powder, and some good, slow, hickory or applewood smokin'. That's how us redneck rebels do it!

Over 100 lb., make sausage.

heres a few of my recipes
Wild Hog Sausage
Med. Italian Sausage
salt, sweet paprika, garlic powder, fennel seeds, black pepper powder , dried oregano, red pepper flakes (optional)
My ratio of meat to fat is 45% pork fat, 55% wild hog meat.

Jalapeno Cheddar Wild Hog Sausage
finely diced large jalapeno chiles seeded & devained, cheddar cheese grated, (Southwest Seasoning)
paprika , brown sugar , salt , onion powder , black pepper , ground cumin , chipotle chili powder. 18 oz of seasoning to 25lbs of ground wild hog meat & pork fat. My ratio of meat to fat is 45% pork fat, 55% wild hog meat.

All ingredient depends on your taste is..................the amounts of each ingredient. This goes for the amounts on the seasoning ingredients to the seasoning in the meat mixture.
Combine ingredients to seasoning together, add to sausage mixture. Blend well. Cover and let set over-night in refrigerator.
Casings I use natural casings, "hog" , I like to soak mine in gallon of water to cap full of vinegar. Remove from soaking and rinse well with clean water, opening the casings to get a good rinse threw out. Tie knot at one end of the casing or use butchers string works too.
With sausage stuffer slide casings on to tube, with large tube on stuffer feed sausage mixture into stuffer. I like my sausage links to be about 7" long. I use a vacume bags to seal my sausgae links in.

I done up 50lbs of wild hog sausage that day in 25lbs Med. Italian & 25lbs of Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage
Picture027.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Smothered Wild Hog Chops
4 Wild Hog Chops
Salt & Pepper to taste
Secret Seaoning , to season chops
2 tea spns Garlic Powder
1/2 cup All- Purpose Flour
1/2 cup oil, Olive or Veggie, your choice
1/2 cup Sliced Onion
1 1/2 water or Chicken Stock taste better

In small bowl, combine salt & pepper and secret season and garlic powder. Sprinkle on chops , both sides. Place chops in to flour, dredge , pat off extra, save extra for gravy.
Heat oil in pan over high heat, add chops and cook for 6 minutes on each side. Remove chops, set aside add onions and cook until onions are soft, add 2 to 3 table spoons of extra flour stir in water or chicken stock. Stir until gravey gets thick , add chops and continue to cook for 30 minutes more
Some Good Chewin & Swallowin!
de3cb86f.gif

100_1027.jpg

This recipe is a new one in my 2nd Cook Book I'm writing. It's called "Back Woods Wild Game Recipes 2"
We had this last night for supper, ya'll it's some fine food!

Heres my recipe for Don"s "Secret Pork Chop Seasoning"

2 Tbl Spns Dried Basil
2 Tea Spns Dried Oregano
1 Tea Spn Dried Thyme
1/2 Tea Spn Kolsher Salt
1/2 Tea Spn Course Cracked Black Pepper

Mix all dry ingredients together.

This is one of the best seasonings for pork chops or tenderlions. Tons of flavor

Wild Hog Steaks w/ 7 Pepper Marinade"

Marinade
1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped , Seeded
1 Ancho Chili Pepper, Soaked and chopped , seeded
2 Jalapeno Peppers, Chopped, seeded
1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped, Seeded
1/4 Tspn Red Cayenne Pepper
1/2 Tspn White Pepper
1/2 Tspn Black Pepper
1 Onion, peeled, chopped
1/2 Tspn Paprika
1/8 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/8 Cup Molasses, Dark
1/4 Cup Beef Stock
1/4 Cup Water
1 Tspn Thyme, dry
1 Tspn Oregano, dry
2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
1/4 Cup Orange Juice
Put all ingredients into Food Processor, and blend for 1 minute.
I like it "Chunky". It sticks to the meat better.
Pour into pan and cook for 20 minutes over stove top, (marry flavors together) Cool, and poor over meat & marinade for 2 hrs.

2 Meduim Size Wild Hog Steaks

Full Chimney of Charcoal
Handful of Mesquite Chunks
Cook (Grill) over Hot coals for 10 minutes on each side
100_0821.jpg

Cajun Maple Glazed Wild Hog Tenderloin

1 large Wild Hog Tenderloin, trimmed
Oil
Cajun Dry Rub

I like to let my whole tenderloin stand @ room temp for 20 minutes before grill?n. Sear the tenderloin over high high heat (direct heat)for about 6 minutes , on each side. You?ll get them great looking grill marks and the juices from the tenderloin will be seared in. I turn off 1 of the 3 burners on my gas grill and the others to medium heat, moving the seared tenderloin over to the burner that is off completely (indirect heat) cooking. I will cook the seasoned tenderloin until internal temp reaches 155 to 160 F. I?ll brush the maple glaze over the tenderloin, remove from grill, wrap in tin foil for 10 minutes (rest period) before I slicing.

Maple Glaze:

2 teaspns Pure Real, Maple Syrup, none of that fake stuff
2 teaspns Spicy Brown Mustard
1 teaspn Steak Sauce, I prefer Justin Wilsons Steak Stauce
in small bowl whisk all ingredients together.

Lima Bean Corn Roasted Pepper Salad

1 cup can Corn, drained
1 cup frozen Lima Beans
1 Red Bell Pepper, roasted, jarred OK
? cup Celery, chopped fine
? cup Onion, peeled & chopped
2 cloves Garlic, peeled & minced fine
combine all ingredients together in large bowl

Dressing

? cup Oil, veggie oil OK
2 tblspns Spicy Brown Mustard
2 tblspns Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tblspns Granulated Sugar
Salt & Pepper to taste
Whisk all ingredients together, blend well. Pour over salad and mix well.

Picture1088.jpg

Picture1089.jpg

Wild Hog German Bratwurst w/ Braune Sauce

Wild Hog German Bratwurst

13 lbs Ground Wild Hog
10 lbs Ground Pork Fat
1 cup Cream
8 tblspns Salt
12 tblspns Dark Brown Sugar
12 tblspns Ground Coriander
8 teaspns Ground White Pepper
8 teaspns Garlic Powder
10 teaspns Black Pepper
7 tblspns Dried Chives
3 teaspns Ground Mace
3 teaspns Ground Nutmeg

Combine all ingredients & seasoning together. Cover and let set over-night in refrigerator.
Casings , I like to soak mine in gallon of water to cap full of vinegar. Remove from soaking and rinse well with clean water, opening the casings to get a good rinse threw out. Tie knot at one end of the casing or use butchers string works too.
With sausage stuffer slide casings on to tube, with large tube on stuffer feed sausage mixture into stuffer. I like my sausage links to be about 7" long. I use a vacuum bags to seal my sausage links in.

Picture707.jpg

Picture709.jpg

Picture710.jpg

Picture711.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Braune Sauce (German for Brown Sauce)
3 tblspns Butter
2 cups Water
2 tblspns Cidar Vinegar
4 tblspns Flour
1 Bay Leaf, remove after cooking
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 Onion, peeled & sliced into rings
2 Cloves, removed after cooking
pinch of Paprika
extra580.jpg

Melt butter, add flour and slowly brown. Mix in onion. Add water little by little, stirring constantly. Season. Bring to a boil. Remove bay leaf & cloves before serving.
Grill sausage for 15 minutes , remove from grill and place in german brown sauce, cook for another 15 minutes. Serve with potatoe salad.

heres a few of my recipes
Wild Hog Sausage
Med. Italian Sausage
salt, sweet paprika, garlic powder, fennel seeds, black pepper powder , dried oregano, red pepper flakes (optional)
My ratio of meat to fat is 45% pork fat, 55% wild hog meat.

Jalapeno Cheddar Wild Hog Sausage
finely diced large jalapeno chiles seeded & devained, cheddar cheese grated, (Southwest Seasoning)
paprika , brown sugar , salt , onion powder , black pepper , ground cumin , chipotle chili powder. 18 oz of seasoning to 25lbs of ground wild hog meat & pork fat. My ratio of meat to fat is 45% pork fat, 55% wild hog meat.

All ingredient depends on your taste is..................the amounts of each ingredient. This goes for the amounts on the seasoning ingredients to the seasoning in the meat mixture.
Combine ingredients to seasoning together, add to sausage mixture. Blend well. Cover and let set over-night in refrigerator.
Casings I use natural casings, "hog" , I like to soak mine in gallon of water to cap full of vinegar. Remove from soaking and rinse well with clean water, opening the casings to get a good rinse threw out. Tie knot at one end of the casing or use butchers string works too.
With sausage stuffer slide casings on to tube, with large tube on stuffer feed sausage mixture into stuffer. I like my sausage links to be about 7" long. I use a vacume bags to seal my sausgae links in.

I done up 50lbs of wild hog sausage that day in 25lbs Med. Italian & 25lbs of Jalapeno Cheddar Sausage
Picture027.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Smothered Wild Hog Chops
4 Wild Hog Chops
Salt & Pepper to taste
Secret Seaoning , to season chops
2 tea spns Garlic Powder
1/2 cup All- Purpose Flour
1/2 cup oil, Olive or Veggie, your choice
1/2 cup Sliced Onion
1 1/2 water or Chicken Stock taste better

In small bowl, combine salt & pepper and secret season and garlic powder. Sprinkle on chops , both sides. Place chops in to flour, dredge , pat off extra, save extra for gravy.
Heat oil in pan over high heat, add chops and cook for 6 minutes on each side. Remove chops, set aside add onions and cook until onions are soft, add 2 to 3 table spoons of extra flour stir in water or chicken stock. Stir until gravey gets thick , add chops and continue to cook for 30 minutes more
Some Good Chewin & Swallowin!
de3cb86f.gif

100_1027.jpg

This recipe is a new one in my 2nd Cook Book I'm writing. It's called "Back Woods Wild Game Recipes 2"
We had this last night for supper, ya'll it's some fine food!

Heres my recipe for Don"s "Secret Pork Chop Seasoning"

2 Tbl Spns Dried Basil
2 Tea Spns Dried Oregano
1 Tea Spn Dried Thyme
1/2 Tea Spn Kolsher Salt
1/2 Tea Spn Course Cracked Black Pepper

Mix all dry ingredients together.

This is one of the best seasonings for pork chops or tenderlions. Tons of flavor

Wild Hog Steaks w/ 7 Pepper Marinade"

Marinade
1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped , Seeded
1 Ancho Chili Pepper, Soaked and chopped , seeded
2 Jalapeno Peppers, Chopped, seeded
1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped, Seeded
1/4 Tspn Red Cayenne Pepper
1/2 Tspn White Pepper
1/2 Tspn Black Pepper
1 Onion, peeled, chopped
1/2 Tspn Paprika
1/8 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/8 Cup Molasses, Dark
1/4 Cup Beef Stock
1/4 Cup Water
1 Tspn Thyme, dry
1 Tspn Oregano, dry
2 Cloves Garlic, Crushed
1/4 Cup Orange Juice
Put all ingredients into Food Processor, and blend for 1 minute.
I like it "Chunky". It sticks to the meat better.
Pour into pan and cook for 20 minutes over stove top, (marry flavors together) Cool, and poor over meat & marinade for 2 hrs.

2 Meduim Size Wild Hog Steaks

Full Chimney of Charcoal
Handful of Mesquite Chunks
Cook (Grill) over Hot coals for 10 minutes on each side
100_0821.jpg

Cajun Maple Glazed Wild Hog Tenderloin

1 large Wild Hog Tenderloin, trimmed
Oil
Cajun Dry Rub

I like to let my whole tenderloin stand @ room temp for 20 minutes before grill?n. Sear the tenderloin over high high heat (direct heat)for about 6 minutes , on each side. You?ll get them great looking grill marks and the juices from the tenderloin will be seared in. I turn off 1 of the 3 burners on my gas grill and the others to medium heat, moving the seared tenderloin over to the burner that is off completely (indirect heat) cooking. I will cook the seasoned tenderloin until internal temp reaches 155 to 160 F. I?ll brush the maple glaze over the tenderloin, remove from grill, wrap in tin foil for 10 minutes (rest period) before I slicing.

Maple Glaze:

2 teaspns Pure Real, Maple Syrup, none of that fake stuff
2 teaspns Spicy Brown Mustard
1 teaspn Steak Sauce, I prefer Justin Wilsons Steak Stauce
in small bowl whisk all ingredients together.

Lima Bean Corn Roasted Pepper Salad

1 cup can Corn, drained
1 cup frozen Lima Beans
1 Red Bell Pepper, roasted, jarred OK
? cup Celery, chopped fine
? cup Onion, peeled & chopped
2 cloves Garlic, peeled & minced fine
combine all ingredients together in large bowl

Dressing

? cup Oil, veggie oil OK
2 tblspns Spicy Brown Mustard
2 tblspns Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tblspns Granulated Sugar
Salt & Pepper to taste
Whisk all ingredients together, blend well. Pour over salad and mix well.

Picture1088.jpg

Picture1089.jpg

Wild Hog German Bratwurst w/ Braune Sauce

Wild Hog German Bratwurst

13 lbs Ground Wild Hog
10 lbs Ground Pork Fat
1 cup Cream
8 tblspns Salt
12 tblspns Dark Brown Sugar
12 tblspns Ground Coriander
8 teaspns Ground White Pepper
8 teaspns Garlic Powder
10 teaspns Black Pepper
7 tblspns Dried Chives
3 teaspns Ground Mace
3 teaspns Ground Nutmeg

Combine all ingredients & seasoning together. Cover and let set over-night in refrigerator.
Casings , I like to soak mine in gallon of water to cap full of vinegar. Remove from soaking and rinse well with clean water, opening the casings to get a good rinse threw out. Tie knot at one end of the casing or use butchers string works too.
With sausage stuffer slide casings on to tube, with large tube on stuffer feed sausage mixture into stuffer. I like my sausage links to be about 7" long. I use a vacuum bags to seal my sausage links in.

Picture707.jpg

Picture709.jpg

Picture710.jpg

Picture711.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Braune Sauce (German for Brown Sauce)
3 tblspns Butter
2 cups Water
2 tblspns Cidar Vinegar
4 tblspns Flour
1 Bay Leaf, remove after cooking
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1 Onion, peeled & sliced into rings
2 Cloves, removed after cooking
pinch of Paprika
extra580.jpg

Melt butter, add flour and slowly brown. Mix in onion. Add water little by little, stirring constantly. Season. Bring to a boil. Remove bay leaf & cloves before serving.
Grill sausage for 15 minutes , remove from grill and place in german brown sauce, cook for another 15 minutes. Serve with potatoe salad.

Take a medium to small ham soak it in Pepsi or Coke for 8-10 hrs in the fridge after making sure its been trimed and cleaned of any membrane .

After soaking take it out soak in light Teriaki [sp] for a couple of hrs , cover in pinapple slices and wrap in grape leafs, pop it in a slow coocker and leave it be all day

Latest posts

Back