Finally A Scoreable Buck!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VENISONEATR

Reaction score
Well after 25 years of hunting mostly in NJ and in bordering states PA and NY I can finally say that I have killed my best whitetail ever... My only regret... Is that I didn't do it with the Savage ML-II. Amature measured roughly 142 with less than an inch of deductions.

DSC01677.jpg

DSC01673.jpg

DSC01670.jpg

Jim,
Nice pix. Buck looks younger then you are. :shock:
Are you going to tell details? Caliber, bullet?

nugbuk said:
Are you going to tell details? Caliber, bullet?

Yeah sure, Winchester Featherweight Model 70 in a 6.5X55 Swede. I used an undisclosed amount of RL 19 to push a Sierra 160 just under 2600 fps. Scope was a M8-4X. Hunting partner was a slightly opinionated, good hearted, easy going soul whom I'm glad to call friend.

Grouse said:
Congradulations on a Great Buck. :) 8) Remind me to bring you some gutting gloves this winter. :p :wink:

Exactly my thoughts...Tom :lol:

GREAT buck there VE! REALLY, really nice!

Put that dang CF rifle UP! :x :D

big6x6 said:
Put that dang CF rifle UP! :x :D
I know I know... sorry :oops: I sure didn't need it this go round! Next time for sure I'll have the Savage.

Remind me to bring you some gutting gloves this winter. .

I've never used 'em? I reckon I ought to because the bloody hands takes away from the pic.

Great job Veni...I'll be waiting to hear the story first hand. :shock:

BTW...The bloody hands can be edited out of the pic very easily if you think it takes away from the aesthetics.

Congrats on that GREAT BUCK Jim.... ML or no ML!!

Hey, I'm headin on PA Bear huntin trip tomorrow for Mondays opening. Guess what I will be a totin......a ML, Not. 30-06 with Hornady 165 grain Custom InterBonds. :lol:

Wow, great Buck.....142 seems conservative, I would have estimated closer to 150. Awesome!

I didn't think 8 pointers, generally, can score much more than 150?? I did the scoring and I was conservative with my measurements and to be honest this was the first buck I ever put a tape to, so I'm not sure I did it right. But tanks for the vote of optimism!

Not too shabby. Look good.
As far as scoring goes, there are forms available and just follow the instructions. I think if you check the Boone and Crockette sight there is one you can down load and print.

Thanks guys... I'm still elated!! Unbelieveable sense of accomplishment. God is good, All the Time :D

Hey Venisoneater,
You'd be suprised how big them 4x4s can get. There was one shot in Saskatchewan that nets over 180! Also, I'm not 100% sure, but I think you might be allowed the circumference in front of the G3....H4? Some of the others on the board might know this one. So, this may add to your bucks score. None the less, still a great buck, very impressive whatever the "score".

Jimmy I dont know what the buck would score, but someone outta shoot the ugly slick head next to it before it can reproduce! :lol:

Latest posts

Back