finally got howa sorta sorted

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a howa mini fanatic, I have lost count but I think around nine of them and I'm waiting on another one from Brownells, two of them were built into smokeless which by the way they make an excellent platform for that ,there's several sources of PPC bolt face modules you just have to look around and ask ,the most accurate one I've had I pulled the barrel and purchased a barrel nut 6 arc from preferred barrels, had a little bit of trouble with the chamber, had to send it back to Preferred barrels but once I got the issue straightened out it would shoot Factory ammo in the teens, the 7.62x39s my son and daughter have both the light barrel and the heavier Barrel they shoot 3/4 of an inch at 100 yards which I never expected, most of the other ones were Grendel's they all were accurate but I consider the Grendel to be finicky anyway of all the 6.5 cartridges I've ever shot it is the most finicky anyway back to the little action itself with the two-stage trigger I really like them and they're great little rifles to teach a kid how to shoot,449 dollars, and there's quite a few stock options I noticed stocky stocks in Florida has a carbon stock too now and there's a couple of chassis options I hope to get the carbon 6arc model and considering putting a can on it.

There's also different bottom that metal for those who do not like the factory that comes with it

Y’all are more patient and dedicated than me. I’m willing to try a couple or three bullet/powder combos, and if a gun won’t shoot at least MOA, it’s going somewhere else to live. Needless to say, there’ve been ALOT of guns that have “passed through” my safe. 🤷‍♂️

Retrieverman I to agree, I used to love the challenge but if a gun doesn't show accuracy after 2 or 3 loads and even with Factory ammo it's history with me, it's either getting rebuilt or sold ,factory ammo is so good today if I can't get something around a quarter inch ,forget that one inch ,it's going ,it's leaving now if you're hung up with not affording that I understand cuz as a younger man I couldn't afford that ,and now as a retired man I can't anymore either, I just got so used to accuracy expectations that I won't tolerate a gun that I have to stand on my head to get it to shoot.

Back