Finally got to the range...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally got to shoot the new to me Disc Extreme MHC that I aquired this summer. Added a Bushnell Elite 4200 3-9x40 on top of low Warne QD rings and Weaver bases.

IMG_1195.jpg

Shot 6 shots with it yesterday using HPH12 and 300 SST with 120 and 110 BH209, using the FPJ. First shot was way low at 50, so took 2 more shots to get in the bull and then 3 at 100 to get the group ~1" high at 100. End of Day 1.

Day 2 (today) I stuck with 110 BH209, Harvestory short black and 300 SST. I fired three shots at 100 yds, they are the target shown below. Then fired three shots at 200 for shoots and giggles. At 200 they hit below the target on cardboard backing so I don't have a picture, but essentially a 4" group that was 12" low and a little to the right. So I moved the scope 4 clicks to the left and that's where it is staying. From the two groups today I think it was shooting just a hair to the Right. 12 shots and I'm DONE!

IMG_1193.jpg

Well that is a great gun and scope. With that combination of powder and bullet, and the way it is shooting, you have a heck of a hunting rifle. Good luck.

younghunter_86,

Looks like you got her dialed in. I have one or three of those MHC's and the one I have been shooting has been very accurate.

Those rifles are hard not to like, especially after you shoot one. :wink:

Good luck this fall!

cayuga said:
Well that is a great gun and scope.
So far I'm really impressed with the brightness of this scope. The only issue is less eye relief and less windage/elevation adjument than I would like. Will be interesting to see how the rainguard actually works.

Grouse said:
Nice shooting.
I'm pretty sure that when shooting groups at the range I am the weakest link. :oops: I've never had access to a bench and/or an actual range until this spring and so I'm still trying to figure things out. I have noticed that my hold on the forearm greatly affects vertical movement and my wobbly rear bag is causing some horizontal variation. Oh well, I'm not a target shooter, I'm a deer hunter! :lol:

Latest posts

Back