First buck with Pro-Hunter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tigman

Reaction score
What do yo think?[/img]
BIGBUCK032.jpg

BIGBUCK015.jpg

Well, I think that's a heck of a nice 8 pt. buck! Really wide and tall! Congratulations!

NICE Buck...great tine length. The "bad" part about T/C rifles is the taxidermy bill is not included.

chocdog

WOW WHAT A BUCK NICE RACK WIDE AND TALL TINES HE SHOULD SCORE WELL . " CONGRAT'S )

RON G.

That is a beautiful rack on that buck... fantastic!!

What was your load and maybe a little on the story leading up to you.. having something will all them horns.. :D

Story!

It was in Sussex couty VA! Private land. I guess I 'll call the buck number 5. It was the 5th buck that I saw that morning. I had scent bombed about a hundred yards across a soy bean field in front of me in a straight line. First 2 spikes came out and fed around the perimeter of the right hand field. Didn't pay any attention to the scent! Go figure! Next was a 6 pointer around 14" wide came out and ran a loop around the field then back into the woods where he came out. Then about 5 minutes later a 4 pointer did the same thing. Heard a crack behind me and saw part of a nice buck 15 yards behind me in thick cover and trees. I could only see from the center of his shoulders,neck, right side of main beam. I rotated around and got the scope on his shoulders and shot! He fell, but got up and staggered off. I couldn't see him at all! Reloaded, got down and found good blood and hard him thrashing! So I got back into the stand and waited till my hunting buddies came. We had to track him around 100 yards into a clear-cut. He was still alive but couldn't get up so a second shot put him out. I was in total shock cause I didn't see what he actually was! Needless to say he is my buck of a liftime! I thanked GOD for him.
He is 22" wide 19.25 inside, G2's 14,5" G3"s 12.25.

Thanks for the nice comments
Mark

LOAD!!

I forgot the load!

120 Grains Triple 7
250 Grain Barnes TMZ

It'll shoot 3 into a ragged hole at a hundred yards!

Nice Buck! You just set the standard high for you Pro Hunter! :)

Rough score!

My hunting buddy rough scored it 154 7/8! My absolute best deer ever. Thanks for all the nice comments!

Mark

Back