First Day With The Sav.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tar-12

Reaction score
My 11yr. old is going to try and shoot his first deer with his Sav.10MLII tomorrow. It is the beginning of the Indiana Muzzleloader season. I do not know who is more excited, him or me! The temps. are really dropping here, the deer will be really hitting the corn :wink: He has already shot 3 with his 980 Ultra Slug Gun. Now it is Buck time! Wish him luck!

Best of luck to you and your son! I would like to be out in the woods tomorrow but my job prevents that from happening. The deer around here are starting to chase again. (French Lick Area)

Tar-12 said:
My 11yr. old is going to try and shoot his first deer with his Sav.10MLII tomorrow. It is the beginning of the Indiana Muzzleloader season. I do not know who is more excited, him or me! The temps. are really dropping here, the deer will be really hitting the corn :wink: He has already shot 3 with his 980 Ultra Slug Gun. Now it is Buck time! Wish him luck!

I almost feel like I had a small part in all this. :wink:

dwhunter said:
Tar-12 said:

I almost feel like I had a small part in all this. :wink:
You will be the first to know.

tick said:
Best of luck to you and your son! I would like to be out in the woods tomorrow but my job prevents that from happening. The deer around here are starting to chase again. (French Lick Area)
Hey Tick, I was down in the French Lick area a couple of years ago, Beautiful country!I was drooling the whole time there, dreaming about hunting that area someday! HINT! :lol:

I'll probably be in the woods in the morning. Just depends on how I fael, and how cold it is when I wake up.

Tic is correct they are starting to chase again. I'm not far from him, and have seen that the few times that I went out shining this week. I would almost say that they are chasing harder this time than they were the 1st time that the does went in heet back in late Oct./early Nov.

Tar-12 said:
tick said:
Hey Tick, I was down in the French Lick area a couple of years ago, Beautiful country!I was drooling the whole time there, dreaming about hunting that area someday! HINT! :lol:

I'm only about 1/2 hour drive from Tick. There is quite a bit of public land around here, but most of it is not as good hunting as you would think when you are just passing thru. Some of the private ground makes up for that, but a lot of us are losing the better private ground that we once hunted. I know that in the last 3-4 years I have lost over 1/2 of the private ground that I hunted. The worst part of losing it is that trespassers and poachers have caused the problems that lost the ground for me.

You're right on the tresspassers HTR. It's bad around here also. There are some excellent deer in the area as you're aware. It only takes being in the right spot at the right time. Not as easy as some think! The 10 pointer I shot on the 13th of Nov. was with a hot doe. 28 days later will be the 11th of Dec. Look for the does in heat about that time and the bucks are definately out looking right now! Tar-12, maybe we can work something out if you're interested. Can't promise anything!

Back