First mountain trout adventure of the year

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoy the small water sometimes. Most folks just drive on past not knowing that they hold healthy populations of native fish. Most are not big but once in awhile you get lucky and dredge up a “lunker”😁
Absolutely! I saw my brother catch a largemouth bass about 4lbs out of a pond that looked like a mud hole! 🤣

Finally got a chance to wet a line yesterday. This little stream is full of 6-10” cutthroat and rainbows. We had to sort through the little wrigglers but did catch a handful of 10-12 inchers.
:lewis: nice pics!
I truly do miss solitude fishing those cold mountain streams (PA) for native brookies where I grew up. Unfortunately MA is a pond state.

View attachment 35615to many big ones I do catch. Catch most of my big trout while catching catfish bait
I have 2 citations in Pa for Rainbow Trout that I caught. Both on a 5' ultralite spinning reel w/6lb test line. I have a 4' ultralite & a 6' one too. I mostly prefer to use the 4' out of the three. My trout were 26 1/4" long 4 3/4lb & 19 1/2" long 3 1/2 lb. Caught both in the same day. Thats true " finesse fishing ".

Latest posts

Back