First time muzzeloader hunter...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geraldbergeron

Reaction score
Well,

Finally I bought a Savage Muzzeloader ML-II.

I will practice next week-end to be ready to hunt deer in mid-november.

So happy that I wanted to tell everybody.

.................................................Gerald..................../

You made an excellent start - you got the best comercially available ML possible. You'll love it.

New Savage

Welcome Aboard! If you have any questions, this is the place to ask them!Good luck with your new Savage!

Gerald!

Congratulations on your new purchase and I'm glad you found your way over here!

WELCOME!

Great News Gerald. You made a very fine choice and will certainly be pleased with excellent 10 ML-II info here from many great 10 ML-IIers to get you started & keep you on target. :)

Best of luck!

Thank you everybody. Very excited about my 10 ML-II

........................................................Gerald...................../

geraldbergeron said:
Well,

Finally I bought a Savage Muzzeloader ML-II.

I will practice next week-end to be ready to hunt deer in mid-november.

So happy that I wanted to tell everybody.

.................................................Gerald..................../

GREAT purchase!

What loads are you going to try first? and..

Are you gonna scope it and if so..which mounts/scope are you going to use?

Well,

I will try what was included:

-Hornady 330 bullets
-IMR 4227 powder
-WAITING FOR A SCOPE BURRIS (ballistic reticle)

I am wondering if somebody know some powder dealers in Canada; I was told that IMR 4227 could be problem ...

Thank you for the attention.

............................................................Gerald........................./

Don't even bother with the 4227. You don't say where in "la belle provance" you are, but find a good gun shop and they should have 4759 and 250 SST's. Somewhere around 43 grains will do you well.

I am wondering if somebody know some powder dealers in Canada; I was told that IMR 4227 could be problem ...

Of course I I don't, I'm in Alabama! :D

There are several guys from Canada here, maybe they can help. If I'm not mistaken most of the Savage 10ML-II shooters are using IMR SR-4759. That powder seems to be easier to get and they have been getting really good service with it..

Latest posts

Back