HAM Javelina Hunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well my son and I drew HAM tags so I’ll finally have a reason to take the wolf out hunting for the first time! I’m super excited! We drew in 24b and have spent time scouting/hunting that unit for our general hunt we drew in November. And we almost live in the unit so I know it well. My wife shot her first deer this year out there. My son, and I tagged out as well. We had a good year. Hoping to start next year off with a bang… one that smells like BLACKHORN209!!

Got it done opening day last Friday! First hunt with the wolf was a success! Was seeing fresh sign all morning but no javelinas. Was working the tops of mesas while glassing down into the washes. Was on my way back to the truck to grab an o-ring I forgot to put in my breech plug when I jumped this guy out of his bed. Played cat and mouse for about 10 minutes. Finally got back on him. He was heading up the hill across from me going to work over and probably out of my life forever. Decided to give my javelina call a few blows. It stopped him long enough for me to load a cap, take aim, and get the job done in one shot @ 80 yards.

CVA WOLF
76gr by weight blackhorn 209
250gr Barnes T-EZ

Attachments

• IMG_3071.jpeg
    IMG_3071.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3093.jpeg
    IMG_3093.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
Back