Free-Floating helped!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnpb

Reaction score
I posted a question about free-floating a MZ barrel and after reading the posts I went and done it. On a CVA Kodiac the only way to clean the action is to remove to barrel, its not like a Omega that drops down alot. So after looking at where I had removed/installed my barrel and after having a problem with shots stringing verticaly I went ahead and done it. I took a die grinder and a barrel sander attachment and remove a tiny bit of plastic from the front where the barrel cradles in the stock back to where the first bedding block was on all of the ribs of the stock. Its just plastic and a pocket knife trimed alot of it and also smoothed out the melted places left by sanding. I shot it for two three shot groups and I can say it helped. My best load so far was T/C 300 XTP's with 2 777 50gr. pellets at about 1 1/4" at 85yrds. Now both sets were cut by a third, 3/4". I ran out of 300XTPs. I've been trying to find a fairly accurate load and been shooting behind my house. Now I think I'm ready to drive 35 miles to the range and see what it will do at 100yrds. Thanks to all who responded to my first post.

Back