Friendship , National Matches

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

long shot

Reaction score
Congratulations to Winners. Doug Schwartz 1st. Barry Brakebill, 2nd. Todd Fisk 3rd. Very good Competition. 2 Knight Rifles and an Omega

Congrats to all.
It was good to see and visit with everyone.

I …. DO NOT …. know this to be true or false, but I've read on a couple sites that there were only seven (7) inline shooters at the Nationals????

I also read that they are stopping one of the Western shoots for lack of participation ????

ENCORE50A said:
I …. DO NOT …. know this to be true or false, but I've read on a couple sites that there were only seven (7) inline shooters at the Nationals????

I also read that they are stopping one of the Western shoots for lack of participation ????
I guess everyone is afraid to shoot against Jeff and a Doug . :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ENCORE50A said:

Western has been long time coming. 10 shooters in Inline Agg. and they are in process of making an Unlimited Bench Match , so anyone can shoot.

Rained all of opening weekend, I heard local TV said we had 7.5” of rain, it really poured Sat pm. Hwy 62 which runs the property was closed all day Sunday, because the creek got out of it’s banks. Some campers had to be relocated but nothing major or any injuries.
Those like me who were there, just visited with friends and waited things out.

45cal said:
ENCORE50A said:

Western has been long time coming. 10 shooters in Inline Agg. and they are in process of making an Unlimited Bench Match , so anyone can shoot.

I thought the Western shoots used to have a lot of shooters attend? That's sad to hear.

What is an Unlimited Bench Match? (not smokeless)

It means George your rifle can be shot in this Agg. No smokeless that is all I know. Lots of interest

The weather was horrible the first weekend . Attendance was down everywhere . Still and as always enjoyed the time spent shooting and fellowship among other competitors. The winning score was still pretty much the same as other years in September . I won with a score of168 with 10Xs . Highest score ever was shot by Jason Day 169 with 9Xs .

Even though attandance was down the competition was still there. Most of the top shooters still attended . On any given day there is a handful of guys that are capable of putting up a very good score( Jeff Fisk,Barry Blakwell, Bob Wetzel,Rick Webber,Scott Rauch ) just to name a few. I personally welcome competition . I would love to see more attend . I bet if there were 30 or 40 shooters still one of the guys mentioned would still be at the top.

I brought a new shooter with me and will be bringing another new shooter in the Spring . Attendance will be up for the Inline Manufactures match come next year . If others do the same I'm sure we can grow this . My only hope is that they leave the current rules alone . If they change anything be more liberal on what rifles can be shot in this match. This will allow more rifles to be shot. With the correct rifle whether it be a Knight Mountaineer, TC Omega or a White and the right shooter any of those guns can compete with any custom . I have been shooting a Knight 1-20 Mountaineer with a Bestill plug . Nothing else has been done to the rifle . That gun will compete against anything in that class . My scores have not changed one bit. In fact I was on track to breaking some records if it were not for one bad shot. Oh well always next year.

Thanks to everyone that helps with Friendship.

Back